MediaTek MT3329 GPS problem

Hello,

Today i just received the mediatek met3329 gps with adapter from diydrones.

I connect it to serial1 on a arduino mega 2560 and load the example sketch found here.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0ByI4WbhJsiyqMDYzMjVmYTItMzc4Ni00NTRlLTg2NjctNzFiNmEwOWM2OTI4&hl=en

The gps module after some time found a fix and the led was changed from blinking to solid on but in the serial i wasent getting anything. Only the first line "GPS MTK library test" .

Then i connect it with an ftdi cable and opened the minygps found here http://code.google.com/p/ardupilot/wiki/MediaTek

The gps was working ok and showing all the data.

Then tried to update the firmware to 1.6 with Powerflash and same thing again. When i connect it with arduino it only showing this line "GPS MTK library test" ..

Can anybody help?im trying to fix it all day.. =\

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am trying to connect the same GPS to a Due board. I have been looking at the code in the Ardupilot project and GPS_MTK.cpp has commented that it is for ATMega168/328 and ATMega1280/2560. But the chip on Due is different from all those listed.

I have been trying many different options and changes but to no avail. These are the steps I took:

1) #include <SoftwareSerial.h> => but SoftwareSerial library is not brought over to Due

2) Commenting out the parts in GPS_MTK.cpp where it says if defined(__AVR_ATmega1280__) || defined(__AVR_ATmega2560__) .... leaving only Serial1.begin(38400); => nothing shows up on the serial monitor

3) Tried to import TinyGPS into the library of my arduino but it doesn't appear when I select File > Examples or Sketch > Import Libraries

4) I do not have any shields available so I would have to do hardwiring onto the Due.

I have connected the pins as follows:

MediaTek ----- Due

5V           ----- 5V

GND        ----- GND

TX           ----- TX1 (pin 16)

RX           ----- RX1 (pin 17)

Can I use the serial library to communicate with the GPS?

• 3D Robotics

The code you're using is ancient, designed for versions of the Mediatek firmware that haven't been out for years. Use the current code instead.

This reply was deleted.

Activity