Min OSD problem

Hi all,

I connected the min osd unit and tested all ok, the next day i turned the system on and i dont have a picture and no osd.

I bypassed the osd and had a perfect picture, any idea's?

Cheers

Jamie

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Jamie, I have read somewhere the following:

If you have a separate battery to power the analog side of the MinimOSD (video side), you must power first OSD via digital side (APM side-5 Volts) and then analog side, via separate batery-12 Volts. On this case, remember to have the jumper opened on the front side of the OSD. Please, try this.

Regards.

Frederico Fernandes.

Hi Jamie,

How do you power your Minim OSD/camera? I had problems too for a while until I discovered that due to the long route the power was taking from the battery>Vtx>MinimOSD>Camera (and the fact that my VTx was supplying only 5v to the analog side of the MinimOSD) I was experiencing enough of a voltage drop that my camera/MinimOSD wasn't getting a consistent 5v power. My camera would accept anything from 5-15v, so what I did was to use a Y-cord to split the 11.1v from my 3S Lipo sending 11.1 volts to the VTx and then I connected the other side of the Y + and - (no signal wire) to the analog out from the MinimOSD leaving the signal wire from the VTx connected to the MinimOSD analog out. Lastly I connected the camera to the MinimOSD analog in. In this way I did two things; first I increased the voltage to the analog side of the MinimOSD and the camera to 11+ volts, second I shortened the direct path for power to both devices by over 47" (1.2m)!

The result has been that my MinimOSD and video signal are rock solid! No more frustrating unexplained black-outs or flickering picture!

My picture used to oscillate between on and off at about a 1Hz rate, which in hindsight was due to the voltage rising and falling with the load that was being applied. When the picture went out, the voltage would recover and then the picture would come back, then with the increased load the voltage would drop and we would begin the cycle all over again!

Changing the applied voltage and shortening the path solved everything!

Regards,

Nathaniel ~KD2DEY

• Would low voltage cause the osd and camera to stop working?

This reply was deleted.

Activity