I have two MinimOSD boards purchased from 3DR that no longer talk to ArduOSD (failed to talk to bootlogger issue). While I found links to fix this issue, it is no help if each time I plug it into Pixhawk it works once then bricks again. 

Below is summary of wiring and what happened:

I soldered the two areas on the board to feed 5v from Pixhawk Telem 1 through the whole board.

Wiring - I have Fatshark TX wired to video out  and ground on MinimOSD and fatshark camera wired to video in and ground on MinimOSD. I have the 5v from the Fatshark TX going to the Fatshark camera. 

When I plugged the MinimOSD into PC with FTDI cable all was fine and set it up and upgraded firmware and chararcter set no worries.  Then I plugged into Pixhawk and turned on. Everything worked and gave myself pat on the back. Then I powered down Pixhawk. When I powered it up again the OSD and camera feed were gone completely. When i plugged the MinimOSD back to PC it no longer talked to bootlogger.

I tried again with another MinimOSD and exactly the same thing happened.

I have ordered a USBasp to add bootlogger back on cards but how do I stop it doing this again and again?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Update

I got the usbasp cable. I looked at videos on how to upload bootloader and it seemed to work. I then managed to get the hex file for ArduOSD to upload. But here is where my success ended. As soon as I click the done box for the upload it somehow deletes the bootloader and I can no longer talk to the minimosd anymore. I have literally spent all day trying to get this thing to work and nothing I have found on the internet has worked.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please HELP

• Not a lot of talk out there on this thread but in case you are wondering what has happened I have been talking with 3DR and sent them my wiring setup and they are sending me new minimOSDs.  Hopefully these ones will be all good.

This reply was deleted.

Activity

Neville Rodrigues liked Neville Rodrigues's profile
Jun 30
Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…