I just installed the update to MP 1.3.39 and realized that the Dataflash auto analysis is broken.

.bin files I could auto-analyze in the previous version of MP result in a "Failed to start LogAnalyzer" followed by a bad input file message wit this release.

I attached one of my .bin files in question

Any insights?

111.BIN

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am on Windows 10.
    Craig your response is a bit cryptic. The files are the same as the ones I could auto-analyze with the previous MP versions w/o problems right before the update to 1.3.39.
    Since I am apparently not the only one I count this as a bug in MP
  • I seem to remember that XP is going to have many issues going forward because of the way it handles a few things that can not be fixed, Things such as low level web security [which is why it is having problems downloading previous firmwares], DotNet issues, and Mono issues [the crossplatform dotnet stuff]. None of these will likely be resolved as the OS is no longer supported by Microsoft and by a majority of developers. With issues related to XP you might as well be talking about Windows 3.1 or Windows 9x as they are now in the same boat. Since most of the issues now see on XP would require a patch to the OS itself and that is never going to happen.

Stephan, your issue seems to resolve around the way that the files need to be uncompressed, and maybe you have some stale dlls or other files that are conflicting with the decompressors used in mission planner.

• I'm seeing the same problem on Windows XP.  Any luck resolving this?

• Thanks for having a look at that Craig.

Amazingly the error occurs to all logs I have, regardless if they are from Solo or my AC3.3 DIY drone....

The interactive review a log function works fine, though.

• I'm not having any issues with the auto analyizer myself on 1.3.39. A good little tool i use a lot is this though http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2151318

that log is REALLY broken though.

but after extracting your 111.bin it loads fine in the auto analysis though

Log File C:\Program Files (x86)\Mission Planner\logs\111.log
    Size (kb) 4104.859375
    No of lines 52934
    Duration 0:01:49
    Vehicletype ArduCopter
    Firmware Version solo-2.0.20
    Firmware Hash 609645b5
    Hardware Type
    Free Mem 0
    Skipped Lines 0

Test: Autotune = NA -
    Test: Balance/Twist = NA -
    Test: Brownout = GOOD -
    Test: Compass = WARN - WARN: Large compass offset params (X:-49.85, Y:173.54, Z:299.15)
    WARN: Large compass offset in MAG data (X:-49.00, Y:173.00, Z:299.00)
    mag_field interference within limits (20.95%)
    Max mag field length (699.78) > recommended (550.00)

Test: Dupe Log Data = GOOD -
    Test: Empty = GOOD -
    Test: Event/Failsafe = GOOD -
    Test: GPS = FAIL - Min satellites: 0, Max HDop: 99.99
    Test: IMU Mismatch = GOOD - (Mismatch: 0.49, WARN: 0.75, FAIL: 1.50)
    Test: Parameters = GOOD -
    Test: PM = NA -
    Test: Pitch/Roll = NA -
    Test: Thrust = NA -
    Test: VCC = GOOD -

the issue it seems to me is you're running AC-SOLO and not a standard Adrucopter firmware which kind of messes with a lot of readers.

This reply was deleted.

Activity