Mission planner - Control over the internet

Hi guys,

I'm working on a project to create a wildlife protection network (which will become a NPO if technical/financial issues are not prohibitive) where drones play one of the most important roles, but I need the drones to be controlled via the internet (although there will always be a pilot on-site). This is to allow for students/people from all over the world to participate.

Is this feasable?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Jethro,

It says, they are covering US only. should not it work with any 3G/4G around the world? Or did I get their solution wrong?

• I am not sure, best would probably to send them an email... but if you are interested check out their presentation at the sUAS expo a couple of weeks ago: http://youtu.be/XhuWwIz1LqE?t=3h33m49s

This is where things are heading so it is a worthy endeavor!

• Hi Mario...I'm working on this with Project Arrow. You welcome to join and I will show you what I've done so far.

• Hi Tyrell,

I am currently exploring options using Raspberry Pi for Telemetry and Video Streaming. Please, loop me with your work and I'll be glad to explore it and support.

• Here is the project page. http://mrt247.wix.com/project-arrow  the UAV has an on board PC since there will be a lot of programs and processing taking place. I will also need to send back a lot of digital media which could be multiple cameras and photos etc all on one signal. So I will be looking to use a fairly powerful wireless Ethernet bridge to get all the data back. Even the controls will be over the wireless bridge. The UAV's on-board PC will run a program to control a micro controller for real time flight which u can access over the internet and control with your keyboard and mouse...I've been doing tests on the setup and it works...BUT. there is about a 1 second delay between my inputs and the eventual response on the other end.

This reply was deleted.

Activity