Mission Planner only works for Planes!

I never could get Mission Planner to work with my PX4 because everytime I tried it wouldn't connect and freeze.  I followed the video posted by Vernon Silvers, Pixhawk, where he got it working for a Plane so I tried a Plane too. I never tried configuring it for a Plane before since I have a Copter. Much to my surprise the Plane worked and I was able to connect and see flight data!  If I select the plane like he did it will upload firmware and then connect and I get data but if I select any other craft like a copter or truck it still seems to upload firmware but when I try to connect it either freezes or times out!  Seems like a BIG PROBLEM for this program if it can't work for copters!  Is there a fix for this or an update that makes it work for other types of crafts besides just a Plane?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• no, I did't try any on Mint, most likely the shortcut was not applied to Mint's launcher.

in terminal - try:

apmplanner2

• When I tried APM Planner 2.0 for Windows I got nearly the same results.  It works OK when the PX4 is configured as a Plane but when I try to use it as a copter it says it's erasing the flash then updating the firmware and then says it completed OK at the end but the red light never goes out. However when I then try to connect it looks like it connected and doesn't get an error even though the PX4 is not working! 

This reply was deleted.

Activity