mission planner wont start

Hi, the latest version of mission planner wont start on my netbook, the screen comes up along with the black box but no text appears in the black box, after a few seconds it all disappears, since my laptop died a couple of months ago I have been trying to use it on my netbook but the older mission planners wont fully load and have been unusable, this latest one won't start up at all, any ideas.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Excellent, glad it's working.
  • Hi Dave, I read miss read the thread and assumed it did not work for the original poster. I placed that line of code into the config file and it works fine now, nice one thanks for the help. 

• Lee,

I had exactly the same problem and sent you a link above that works 100% great for me.

Did you try it?
    Did you not?
    Did it workDit it not?

Edit the config.xml file as specified in my link and restart planner. I really think this will work for you to.

If you dont feed back to suggestions, suggestions will cease pretty quickly!!!
  • Any ideas on how to get this to work, having given up trying to get APM to fly my hexacopter I want to put it in a fixed wing UAV, will be really disappointing if I cant run mission planner on my netbook now.

• Would it be possible to make a parallel version that starts in GDI+, or add a way to configure it before startup?? 

• Ignore the above, the site seems to be stripping XML,

In this thread you will see how to manually edit config.xml file:

http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/mission-planner-1-0-60-doesnt-sta...
  • 1) close MP
    2) edit config.xml
    True
    3) save config.xml
    4) start MP
  • Schoolboy error, I had re-installed windows and forgot to update .net framework, it now starts up but as before it won't fully load, so I cannot get to the config screen, left it running for 15mins and the cpu usage was almost 100% the whole time and nothing fully loaded, is there any way it can be altered in a config file to start in GDI+

• Developer

make sure you have .net framework 3.5 installed

• 3D Robotics

Check in your task bar to see if it's starting up minimized. Also, if you can get to the Config screen check the GDI+ box (which is for older graphics systems)

This reply was deleted.

Activity