Motor Arming...?

I am having problems with arming motors that is really weird. If I connect up the battery, motor 0 just beeps constantly, and nothing will arm (well the OP arms as the green light starts flashing)

If I connect up to the Configurator, with the battery still attatched, and in the motor command screen hit "send motor command", the motor twitching stops.

If I then disconnect the USB lead, I can arm the motors and fly (its a bit wobbly). I can arm and disarm the motors as much as I like and things work fine.... Until the battery runs down. 

When I replace the battery, I have to go through the same sequence again.

I am using the stock Alpha code....

Any ideas what may cause this?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Please hint where I can read more about that Spektrum setup. Mine do some "twitching" as well.
  • Well Blake the good news is when I recalibrate all of my ESCs with the Spektrum setup it all works perfectly! For some reason it doesn't seem to like the FrSky, even through all of my original calibration was done on that.

There are also a few things that threw me, as I am used to MK.

Firstly, when you arm the motors, they dont do anything. On the MK the motors spool up to idle speed. This may have caused me to misread some of my problems, ie they may have been armed but actually looked to me like they were not. In order to find out if they are armed, you need to open the throttle. Sounds a little obvious, but I guess its your frame of reference.

Secondly, even through the motors are not turning, if you change the angle of the AC (ie pick it up) the lowest motor will spin up to try and level it off.
  • Yep. I have the same problem. I just thought maybe it was because I hadn't calibrated the ESCs yet. I haven't had time this week to work on it but maybe tomorrow.
  • Looks like it is the M2MPower ESC's that ship with the kit. Just swapped one out for a Turnigy Plush 25A and it works fine. The other three just M2Ms just sit there and twitch. Looks to me to be a timing issue, as the ESC times out whilst the APM is booting and never recovers.

I suspect there will be a few hundred more posts like this as people start trying to fire their news kits up, as mine is the stock kit from Fahpah. Scary....
This reply was deleted.

Activity