Multicopter Advertising

I am considering having advertising on my multicopter. I have noted that the manufactures all print their labels on components. That does not appear to be an issue and given the fact every time I fly I seem to attract a lot of attention. I'm thinking about using several spots for advertising. The skids are one location and my top enclosure is a second area. There sure are a lot of photos taken every time someone sees the UAS flying.

In reality, it would most likely have my website URL simply to drive visitors to some of the stuff I produce for free. At least it identifies the multicopter (branding), and serves as free advertising. Of course, if Red Bull is interested, I'm sure something can be worked out....

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes, I understand that. As of Dec 10th five commercial use of UAS were approved for 5 companies for commercial work. Film, surveying, etc. All were in line of sight of the pilot. All were under 400 feet flights out of civil airspace. 

I am interested in working in that field. Those uses approved are only the tip of the commercial potential. Over the past year I have had several requests I could not provide as an rc pilot. I am just as much interested in making a buck too. I am sure others have the same interest. I am working on my own Commercial UAS exemption for the FAA. 

Remember branding would change your flying from recreational to commercial, depending I suppose on how the IRS views your website and related business. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity