Need help using joystick to control Arducopter

I have hooked up an old joystick that was laying around and got it working with my computer (under W7).  The joystick works fine and I get changes to the rcoverridech1 and the other channels that all correspond with the correct movement, but I can't figure out why I can't get any movement from the UAS.  The UAS flies fine with radio control.

To add to the confusion, the buttons on the joystick for changing modes work fine.  I can assign modes to buttons and switch when I arm through mission planner or the transmitter.  So what's the deal?  Do I need to change some parameter to use the joystick?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

- I've just discovered that joystick camera yaw breaks as soon as you connect via telemetry!

This is working for joystick camera gimbal control but haven't tried it for 'copter control

It's things like this that make open-source firmware/software so incredibly frustrating! Especially for those of us who aren't programming savvy.

Wonderful new features get added but old ones remain broken for months & months.

There are other joystick problems that either no one has ever used or they have just given up with the laborious process of trying to get it fixed.

I've just discovered that joystick camera yaw breaks as soon as you connect via telemetry!

Also, the retract and neutral angles are supposed to be in deci-degrees in the Full Parameter List, so 100 would be 1 degree but if you enter 100 the gimbal moves by 100 degrees.

In the gimbal panel, if you enter 1 then gimbal moves by 100 degrees!

• Unfortunately I never figured it out.
  • I have exact problem with joystick , just mine was working before apdate to latest FW.

Were you able to solve it!!!!!!

Have you gone through the steps here

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/flying-with-a-joystickgamepad-inst...

This reply was deleted.

Activity