Need help with Freefly servo + external pot + APM

Hi guys,

I need some help with a Freefly 360 modified servo for the tilt axis that I use with an external pot. I'm using the Rusty's gimbal with the 5k external pot (PEC pot) on the tilt axis. From the servo, I got 2x3 wires coming out. One of the wire is connected to the APM (RC8 : digital signal + positive + ground) and the other 3 wires are connected to the external pot. But I cannot get it to work. The tilt axis is just shaking like crazy and does not respond to the stabilization signal from the APM. Below is a video that shows the shaking :

Any help would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks in advance.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Did you hack into your servo?  I have a similar setup, in that I have an external potentiometer on the tilt axis.  I hacked into a standard servo, making it a 360 degree servo. Then, I attached an external servo to the three leads that the servo's internal potentiometer was attached to.  That gave me the same "2 x 3 wires coming out of my servo" that you speak of.   I had to experiment with the wire connections. 3 wires x 3 solder points on the potentiometer equals 9 different combinations.  I probably tried all 9 before I got it right.  I am not an electrician, but I would say that your potentiometer wires are not connected correctly.

This reply was deleted.

Activity