I have just moved to Norway and already checking out the laws concerning drone flights here. My moving boxes aren't due to get here until later in August and my drone is with that shipment. In the U.S. I had to register my drone, pay a small yearly fee, and follow rules to fly responsibly. I didn't build my drone and have a bebop 2. Is this type of drone indeed classified as an RO1? Meaning I don't need a license but have to tell someone (CAA)each time I fly? How do I notify the CAA? Just my name and telephone on the drone is sufficient? I have been reading some info on Luftfartstilsynet and it's a bit confusing to me. I just want to be ready for when my drone gets here!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you for the info Andre. So if my drone is just under 500 grams, then I will need a license and pay a yearly fee? Is my drone then classified as a RO2 drone?
    • RO1 is up tp 2.5Kg, - there is no fee, it's free AFAIK .

Try to read up , all I *really* know/do is RO3, which is NOK11000/year.  :)

• Thank you for your information. All the drone literature that I have read has got my mind twisted and I will have to reread some things. From what I can tell, even though my drone is classified as RO1, I will still need to get a license since it's over 250 grams. Also, it seems like I will have to get some type of liability insurance for third parties as well.
        • err, I just assumed you were aiming for professional use of the material, if you are only flying for fun, it's even easier:

the best information is at https://lovdata.no/dokument/SF/forskrift/2015-11-30-1404

Forskrift om luftfartøy som ikke har fører om bord mv
          Forskrift om luftfartøy som ikke har fører om bord
        • Yes it's RO1 license you need , the insurance part can be handled by "mohansen at wrberkley.com"  it's mantadory

• check out http://www.luftfartstilsynet.no/selvbetjening/allmennfly/Droner/

to put it very short; as long you stay away from airports, and are <120m AGL , you can fly.

Anything over 250g  - requires a license, RO1, the lowest one, is just a simple formality and free.

RO1 is also limited to >50m horizontal distance to public roads, people ++

make sure to read7follow the webpage, not sure about it's availability in english, if not, use translate.google.com 

This reply was deleted.

Activity