G'day from OZ!  I'm a yank down under and just got my fixed wing certification and instantly have a passion for fixed wing over multi-rotor.  I'm definitely looking to get into LOS mapping and surveying and looking for the most suitable airframe.  My short list airframes are:

• Penguin V2 (hard to find in AUS)
  • Skywalker X7 (Also hard to find)
  • Skywalker X6 (how will she do for mapping?)
  • Skywalker Revo (AERO-M clone)

I'm definitely going with Pixhawk APM w/ telemetry and using mission planner.  I believe I saw a thread here that listed all the necessary parts for a mapping rig but can't find it again.

Can any other rmappers out there help me out with a solution that's most efficient, stable, robust platform?  Also a trainer that suitably matches the capabilities of the commercial aircraft.  I was thinking a Sky Eye if I go with the traditional airframe or Go Discover for a flying wing.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Update:  I've gone with 2 rigs, the Go Discover as a practice FPV running a Pixhawk clone and the new Black Version X8,

I've also decided to build a X6 portable mapper running Pixhawk.  Where is the parts list for a DIY rig? 

Also, will the Hero 4 Black 4k edition take good enough pictures for orthographic mapping?  

This reply was deleted.

Activity