NEWBIE choosing a tx/rx for Quadcopter

Greetings,

This is my first post and I am out of the gate as a would-be drone user.

I purchased a Quadcopter RTF from UDRONES, and now I am trying to determine a transmitter to purchase.

Im trying to understand the relationship between the 3DR Telemetry kit i included with my assembled Quadcopter and telemetry options with the handheld transmitters. Since I included the 3DR telemetry, do i need or not need to pick a transmitter with telemetry. Are the functions even related?

Im sure i will someday look back on this post with embarrasment :):):) but this evening this is the question I cant seem to get straight in my head.

The units im looking at:

Turnigy 9X (cheap easy entry for my learning curve)

Spektrum DX8 or FUBABA 8FG Super (both include the telemetry)

Thanks,

DeanR

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• My opinion:

Stay away from Spektrum.  I hear nothing but problems with them.  I don't know why people keep buying them.  Must be the slick marketing  and the buttery smooth controls. 

I'm not a fan of the Turnigy, but for the price it's not bad.

If you want something really nice and high quality, get a Futaba 10C, or any used Futaba 72MHz with the frequency module in the back.  Then replace the module with an FrSky 2.4GHz telemetry module and Receiver. 

• the telemetry on the spektrum and futaba are specific to them and there receivers. if your just starting then the turnigy might be for you. if you want good quality the get the others.

the telemetry you bought with the quad needs a ardustation or on screen display with a laptop/tablet.

• I'm a Turnigy 9x fan, but you have to do the upgrades. If you're wanting something you can just take out of the box and use then don't get the Turnigy.

• I have a DX7s and I like it a lot, looks sharp and the controls are buttery smooth.

This reply was deleted.

Activity