No Heartbeat on 3DR Telemetry after Windows Upgrade

I had telemetry working smoothly with Windows 8.1 and last night I did the upgrade to Windows 10. I now get a "No Heartbeat" timeout when trying to connect. The GS radio and the quad radio link up perfectly fine. I also do see the computer pushing packets to the GS radio as indicated by red and orange leds flashing but it doesn't seem to get the answer it's looking for to finalize the sync. There are plenty of discussions online but mostly a few years old so I'm curious if anyone has had a similar experience with newer MP, AMP, OS versions.    Mission Planner 1.3.3 - Windows 10 - AC3.3   Also, I can retrieve the settings from the radio with LOAD Settings and I was also able to update firmware on the device through MP so I know they are speaking, just not sure why when I try to connect, I get the heartbeat error. 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Check Device Manager in Windows for erratic devices. I bet you'll have to downgrade driver for Prolific USB2UART converter.

• I did have a warning under device manager. Updating the driver said I had the most recent available.  I actually went flying this morning without a GS, just flying for fun and came back and tackled the issue. I started getting the issue on my APM as well. I updated the firmware on the APM and then magically, both started working. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity