Thought the problem was a potentially faulty APM 2.6 so unwrapped my PixHawk. Same problem.
In MP, it connects and downloads the firmware. Pixhawk then gives the successful happy song. Select connect via Mavlink:
- starts 30 second countdown
- red connect changes to green disconnect
- timer goes to 0
- continues trying or doing something for another 1 1/2 minutes while countdown stays at 0
- then get No Heatbeat error.
In Windows 8, Device Manager, Com 5 is set to 115200, 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, no flow control, FIFO buffers.
In MP, Com 5 PX4 FMU v1.6 (COM5) is selected.
- restarting the computer
- connecting via a different computer (windows 7 and an older version of MP)
- four different USB cables plugging into different USB connections (getting desperate)
- different com settings
I'm beginning to think i'm in a no heatbeat black hole. will see if i can setup the radio (but can i do that without mp?)