My intentions are using a telemetry link connected to Mission Planner, while having a Raspberry Pi on board at the same time. I have read to do this you need reconfigure the mux and jump the pads on the bottom of the board. 

apm25-explained.jpg?width=300

After doing this I am no longer able to connect to the APM via telemetry. Do I need to manually change something in the firmware? Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Did you set SERIAL2_BAUD and SERIAL2_PROTOCOL correctly ?

- and/or , did you remember to disconnect the connector from Serial0 pads ?

• I did disconnect serial 0. What does serial 2 protocol need to be set to and do I set this in the source? I don't see a serial 2 parameter in mission planner. I assume the baud is 57000. 

Thanks

• Hard to say why it is not there, check with APM planner 2 to be sure, but maybe , just maybe it's not implemented i APM copter (saving resources)

you should have SERIAL2_BAUD =57   , SERIAL2_PROTOCOL,1

Otherwise , a change in firmware is the only thing I can think of, sorry, too bad I don't have time right now to check in the source whatever serial2 should be in APM copter build.

• Another update. 

I tried installing Arduplane 3.2.1 and had success with connecting over the telemetry. At this point I think I can copy the code from here which enables UART 2 over to ArduCopter and build it. Does anyone have any suggestions before I do this?

Thanks

• So it appears that Serial 2 is not enabled. I can see the parameter in APM planner 2 but when I change it I get an error. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

3702777094?profile=original

• Thanks! I will check it later this afternoon.

• Can anyone help?

This reply was deleted.

Activity