no Ublox lock with Arduimu

Hi there,

I already got Ardupilot with Ardushield V2 working with thermopiles and Ublox GPS.

Now I moved one step ahead and I am using Ardupilot with Ardushield V2 and Arduimu. I programmed everything with the latest firmwares available on the project pages.

However, after I start everything I get no GPS lock from the Ardupilot. The blue LED continues to blink for 20-30 minutes. I am using a Ublox GPS and, yes, it is programmed for use with Ardupilot (actually it is the same Ublox GPS I am using with the Ardupilot and thermopiles setup).

Are there any known problems with Ublox and Arduimu? I suppose the problem comes from Arduimu not passing along the GPS signal... or maybe I am wrong?

Are there any known fixes for such a problem? I am thinking that other people might have already encountered this problem and solved it in one way or another.

Thanks!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Florin,

We've got the same config, and we're currently debugging it (next debug session would be wednesday night).

There's another forum thread about this problem,  you might get more information there: http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/cant-get-lock-with-u-blox-gps

Current solution is to flash your ublox firmware to be sure it's configured currently: http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/tutorial-programming-your

In our next debug:

• work on GPS alone and u-center software to know if it get satellite and lock signal (so it'll limit debug to ArduIMU)
    • work on ArduIMU to analyse serial output from GPS inside the code, to know if there're some formatting issues

Tell us if you find some interesting bits :)

Alex

• 3D Robotics
    Please read the manual on this. The GPS is parsed by the ArduIMU. You need to set it up as instructed.,
This reply was deleted.

Activity

Neville Rodrigues liked Neville Rodrigues's profile
Jun 30
Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…