Noob question. What is 'apm planner 2'?

Hi

I've nearly finished my first quad build and my Arducopter 2.6 just turned up today.

I've been researching so I know what to do when the time comes to actually do the setup and configurations, but it seems the Arducopter project is Mac-phobic.  All the threads regarding 'mission planner' suggest to use a mac in Windows (with bootcamp)

So... what is 'APM planner 2' for Mac then?

I DO have access to a PC, but would much rather use my Mac if possible.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I guess the reason behind my question is that I'm a beginner, and looking at doing the initial setup in the next few days.

All the tutorials and instructions refer to using Mission planner on PC. I want to know if I can still use those procedures using APM Planner 2?

I also have a KK2.1 board. Maybe I should just start with that as a 'gentler' introduction to configuring the quad? (But I'd imagine I'll crash more)

Or, should I just dive right in? (I'm pretty technically minded - I can follow MOST of the tutorials)

Just to clarify, I'm not in a position to start configuring the board yet as I'm still waiting on silly little 'forgot-to-order' parts to finish the quad.
  • I have been using the old Mission Planner under Fusion on Mac with very good results.

The APM Planner 2 on Mac is shaping up to be a real nice application, but it IS in Beta, so if you are prepared to work through a few minor bugs, mostly in the UI, then you will find it very pleasing to use.

It doesn't as yet have all the bells and whistles that have been refined into Mission Planner, and sometimes I do switch back to that for things like Auto Mission Planning, and terminal work.

• 3D Robotics

APM Planner is our next-generation GCS that is native cross-platform and built on the qgroundcontrol architecture, which has multiple vehicle control built-in. It's in public beta now, but works well and is worth trying. The Mac version is here

Many of us are Mac users, too, and were only dual-booting Windows to run MP. APM Planner was designed to move the project to a more Mac-friendly foundation (also Linux)

This reply was deleted.

Activity