Number of Waypoints

First i say hello because I am a new member. (sorry for my English. I am Spanish speaking)
Hi, I have a x8 wing with px4 autopilot.
I use that with Mision Planner, and when i try to charge a flight plan with 170 waypoint or more, my system does not work.
specifically, if interrogated px4 having sent over 170 waypoint, do not return anything.
How waipoints has at most?
It is a problem of firmware or software?
Thanks

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi 

According to the information I have, the Pixhawk should be able to store 718 waypoints. We have tried this today, but it don't' work. Is there a special setting I need to change for the 718 waypoints?

The Pixhawk runs the firmware 3.2.1

Thanks a lot

Michael

• Developer

How did you try it? What error did you receive? Do you have a tlog?

It may be that not all ground stations have sufficiently long mission upload timeouts to support large numbers of waypoints.

Cheers, Tridge

• I create a mission with over 300 waypoints. I sent the mission to the pixhawk. No failure message. Then I read the mission back to the mission planner. But only 90 waypoints came back... It's strange sometimes 200 waypoints come back, sometimes it's 120 and I don't have any clue why...

The mission planner runs with the newest software update. 

Thanks for your support

Michael

• I opened yesterday an issue. I hope you guys find a solution soon :-)

What do you think, will the pixhawk execute a big mission? if it's really a Mission Planner bug, it should work. 

• Developer

sounds like it may be a MissionPlanner bug.

Can you open an issue?

Cheers, Tridge

• The number of waypoints on APM is limited to about 140, I gather due to limits with the EEPROM memory, so I suppose because PX4 shares the arduplane software then this limit also applies to it.

Maybe a developer might comment in case I have got this wrong.

If you are using waypoints to trigger your camera you can take advantage of the new camera trigger by distance function which does not use up any of our valuable waypoints :)

This reply was deleted.

Activity