Obstacle avoidance using Infra Red Sensors

I have 4 infra red sensors which I plan to use for obstacle avoidance.. I want to edit the Arducopter 2.7.3 software in such a way that when an obstacle is detected, my quadcopter avoids it in either of the 4 directions.. 

How do I start ? 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm keen on this two, but fundamental lack of electronic knowledge leaves me wondering if I can just simply chain these up in parallel to form a single, 360' sensor.
  • How did you connect the 4 sensors to the APM. Are you using APM 1 or 2?

• Admin

@Altaf,

Take a look at the ArduRover code as JLN has added code to use a Sharp IR sensor in place of the sonar. I am attaching a copy of the ArduRover 2.20b code.

Regards,

TCIII

APMrover220b_firmware.zip

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3692541217?profile=original
  • I am also interested in the obstacle avoidance via InfraRed sensors. And not just for horizontal, I think I might have at least one that looks up (to avoid hitting trees, ceiling, etc, OR when the vehicle is tilted because it is flying forward). Have you made any progress?

• You would need to download the source code and a copy of the Arduino software.

The Arduino software will allow you to edit, compile and upload your changes to your board.

This reply was deleted.

Activity