Ok. I need a break.

I have lost channels 1 & 2. The ESCs have a high speed beep (no signal notice) on channel 2, no control on channel 1.

I moved the motor controls via the code to 3-6.

I set every thing up in the configurator, the raw data feed showing a variation of only+/-1. Not bad.

Sat it on the kitchen floor, connected the battery and the motor farthest from me spun up full on. It flipped the quad and the prop hit my hand, breaking the prop and well. It hurt....

I dont give up easily and want to fly this thing, but I am getting really frustrated with the flipping.

Amazing how often the prop can hit your hand in a second. My hand looks like I was in a bar fight  :)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• yesterday evening i tested my modded acm 1.02 sw in the garage.

70cm above ground suddenly the copter turned 180 degrees and crashed .. one more propeller gone.

with a new set of propellers no problem did pop up anymore.

i also noticed in the early days that on the input side strange things can happen.

using the configurator i could move the 3 position switch to any position but nothing happened on the configurator screen.

when the voltage of the lipo starts to drop the voltage strange things can happen in terms of bumpy flying of the copter.

but then, with a freshly loaded lipo everything turned out to be wonderfull.

hovering much nicer as in max levine's videos - just smooth - all the pain was gone when seeing this.

i hope to make a video this weekend - the weatherforecast is not that good ...

robert

• Ok. I scoped out the pins after replacing the MUX. 

(Wow. My eyes are not what they used to be...)

out0 is 5v+ solid, the others show the correct signal.

I'll scope out the inputs tomorrow....

• I am using the last of the Arducopter NG software. (I like the way its laid out). I haven't tried the newer Pirate code yet.

I calibrated the ESC's manually (channel to throttle etc) following the wiki on ESC cal. I tried to cal via the CLI but it messed up one of the channels (I replaced that one with a similar ESC (from Extreem) and the arming is opposite of the original setting.

I'd check it out with an oscilloscope, but its in the shed with about 3 feet of snow and ice in front of the door. I appreciate the offer Chris. I'd like to find out what causes the channels to drop out. 157's are only about 75 cents. And again,, the hot air tools are in the same shed.

• Ouch, luckily it did not hit you in the head or face.

Did you calibrate the ESC:s (via the CLI)? What code are you using?

When you say "I have lost channels 1 & 2", what do you mean. Why can´t you use them?

• 3D Robotics

What code are you running?

If you've lost channels 1&2 that sounds like a hardware problem. I've got a spare APM board I can send you if you PM me your address.

This reply was deleted.

Activity