One motor spinning too slow??

So I've been tracking down some motor/ESC related problems and today I replaced a bad ESC from a motor that had been "stuttering" then giving up as it got too hot. The new ESC is in and working and the motor does start up now....

but the problem is that the motor on the new ESC (jdrones 30A) spins much slower than the others. I have re-done the ESC calibration, but I'm wondering if maybe I'm doing it wrong? what else might be causing this one ESC to keep that motor running too slow??

*SMC

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Greetings fellow Drone enthusiasts. So, I am trying to build my own VtOL Explorer. I am facing very weird issue. My motor number 4 is always running slower and somewhat later than the other three motors. Tried calibrating and recalibrating the esc multiple times. Still problem persists. Tried changing esc, motor, motor mount screws, and the pixhawk, but all in vain. if anyone could guide me what to do, or if someone faced similar issue, help me out.

Thanks in Advance

• Hello,

I have the exactly same problem with one motor of my Iris: "When the ESC has power, its almost like its trying to hold the motor in place. Its harder to turn it by hand when it has power than when its off"

But I do not know how to change the "brake" function. Can somebody explain how to set the ESC back to "all defaults"?

• Here's a link to the  ESC Calibration Wiki . There is a video on the page explaining how to run the calibration. This page helped me on my first build when 1 motor would not spin.

• 3D Robotics
    Did you do the ESC calibration manually? (Plug it right into Rx Ch3 and power on with throttle at max)
This reply was deleted.

Activity