I have bought QUAD-C 3d robotics arducopter DIY kit along with telemetry set.

I have NOT ordered transmitter.(the hand held controller to manually fly).

So would i be able to fly quad using just mission planner?

If i select way points on mission planner, will it be able to properly takeoff and land on its own? or at any point would require transmitter to manually guide it?

Please help. 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You need to have a standard Radio Control TX/RX as part of the basic setup. Additionally one NEEDS to learn to fly at least a basic RC airplane before attempting to fly a quad. If you don't your most likely one flight away from your next crash. I flew my APM quad through several stages of testing before attempting a non TX/RX controlled flight. 

Fly manually in stabilize, for basic tuning, then acro to fine tune. Test loiter, tune, test altitude hold, tune, test Auto mode switching from manual flight, test auto land...THEN finally I got to try a full auto flight...guess what. 

The first time I attempted full auto it took off at low altitude made a sweeping 270 degree high speed arc fortunately I was in wide open area and Then it finally climbed and went off on its mission. I learned from that experience to place 1st waypoint at 100 plus feet directly above launch...

• You definitely need a transmitter. Out of the box its not going to be setup perfectly. You will need to do adjustments. When things are not quite right you will need to jump back into manual mode from one of the other flight modes and this requires a tx. As an example if your vibrations are not right, and you attempt to use one of the automated or semi auto modes like loiter and it starts to take off, you need the tx to switch to manual and bring it back home.

Theres a lot to learn and a lot of fix, its not plug and fly.

This reply was deleted.

Activity