Replies

• I struggled for days trying to setup the OpticalFlow with APM Flight Stack. Never worked. If you are using Pixhawk, then I suggest you switched the PX4 Flight Stack since it works flawless. See test video here: https://youtu.be/G7fGC4OmxO0

Instructions here: http://dev.px4.io/flow_lidar_setup.html

• Hi, can any body help me to connect the px4f

• @ Randy 

Thanks for the response :)

Can you help me know the location of the RNGFND_MAX_CM parameter.

Randy said:

@Bhaskar,

I've never heard of a 10m limitation.  Are you sure that the range finder parameters are all set correctly?  There is a RNGFND_MAX_CM parameter.  As a side note, I plan to test optical flow with the light ware range finders on my new development copter over the next month or so all using Copter-3.4.  I hope I will be able to help iron out issues if i hit any.

• Developer

@Bhaskar,

I've never heard of a 10m limitation.  Are you sure that the range finder parameters are all set correctly?  There is a RNGFND_MAX_CM parameter.  As a side note, I plan to test optical flow with the light ware range finders on my new development copter over the next month or so all using Copter-3.4.  I hope I will be able to help iron out issues if i hit any.

• Recently I replaced the HRLV MaxBotics Sonar of PX4Flow with SF10 Lidar . SF10 Lidar's range is 0 to 50 meters as compared to  HRLV's 0 to 5 meter.
    I managed to integrate the SF10 Lidar successfully but the values won't go beyond 9.9 meter although I made all the necessary changes in the Sonar.c code 
    Is there any hardware or library limitation in PX4Flow that the range of any range finder integrated to it won't go beyond 9.9 meters.
  • I have the pixracer working with code compiled from the master. On my pixhawk I can use the px4flow module, but on the pixracer it fails to open the driver. I can't find the source of the problem in the code. Does anyone know the issue?

• Looks like my issue was that the compass was not enabled.  It shouldn't need to be for optical flow, but it's all ok now.

• I realized my rangefinder value was erratic at takeoff.  I moved the rangefinder higher, and it now has better performance, but still no Opitcal Flow control.  Log is attached.

Jared Muirhead said:

I just tried adding the PX4 optical flow module onto my copter.  I also have a maxbotix 1040.

I have set:

EK2_GPS_TYPE = 3

FLOW_ENABLE = 1

EKF_ALT_SOURCE = 1

I have had good success following the test document listed here:

http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-px4flow-overview.html

I body, flow and gyro have good correspondence (log is attached).

When I attempt to fly, the optical flow is not working at all.  I have substantial drift.  Looking at the logs of the flight (also attached, I can see that EKF5.FIX and EKF5.FIY are flat-lined and EKF4.SS has a true in bit 7 and a false in bit 3, which I understand are wrong.

Does anyone see what is wrong with my configuration (also attached) that is making optical flow not work?

flight2.bin

• I just tried adding the PX4 optical flow module onto my copter.  I also have a maxbotix 1040.

I have set:

EK2_GPS_TYPE = 3

FLOW_ENABLE = 1

EKF_ALT_SOURCE = 1

I have had good success following the test document listed here:

http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-px4flow-overview.html

I body, flow and gyro have good correspondence (log is attached).

When I attempt to fly, the optical flow is not working at all.  I have substantial drift.  Looking at the logs of the flight (also attached, I can see that EKF5.FIX and EKF5.FIY are flat-lined and EKF4.SS has a true in bit 7 and a false in bit 3, which I understand are wrong.

Does anyone see what is wrong with my configuration (also attached) that is making optical flow not work?

flight.bin

test.bin

parameters.param

PX4FLOW Optical Flow Camera Board — Copter documentation
  • Hy

I have the px4flow with an integrated Sonar. I hoked it up to my PIXHAWK and choosed Sonar over I2C but still I don't get any readings. How could I test wehter the sonar data is actually transmitted over the I2C bus to the PIXHAWK?

Andy

This reply was deleted.

Activity