I have a GPS Lock issue.
I have a Pixhawk and 3DR GPS/Compass. Also have power module. I get almost instant GPS lock when I power the Pixhawk through USB cable. However, when I power off battery, I can't get a lock. The workaround I found is to first get a lock from USB, then plug in the battery...
Anyone else have this issue? Can anyone help point me in the right direction re: potential causes / fixes?
I tested pixhawk voltage out with a voltmeter and I get 4.8v from USB and 5.2v from battery. I put aluminum foil on the bottom the the 3DR Compass/GPS Module. GPS/Compass sits on a 6-inch mount.
- Tarot 680pro
- Multistar 4006-720KV
- Turnigy Plush ESC (40a)
- 3DR Compass / GPS
- 3DR Telemetry
- 5.8ghz Fatshark 600mw vTx
- ***3 channel video switch *** (plugged into RC 10);
- minimosd (3DR)
- 2 4S 8000 Multistar Batteries in parallel
- Feiyu Tech 3-axis Gimbal
MY SETUP NOTES:
- Running 3.3.1
- ACC Calibrated
- Compass Calibrated
- Radio Calibrated
- Compass Mot performed
- Props and Motors on correctly
- Autotune (Pitch/Roll)
- ESCs calibrated, 1 ESC has the power wire which is plugged into the servo rail for back-up power. All others have ground and signal wires
- ESCs mounted under the motors on the arms.
- Rx mounted on the arm away from telemetry
- I am powering the 3-channel video switch off the servo rail
- I am powering the gimbal using a 12v BEC (split off before the power module)
- I am powering the vTx off off a separate battery and running it through a LC filter (1A 3S)
- I also made shielded cable for all of my FPV cables (vtx to osd, gopro to 3-channel switch, FPV camera to 3-channel switch)
- low vibrations
Thanks for everyone's help.