PID settings for Alt Hold

I have the latest firmware loaded on my adrucopter/ adrupilot mega. I have gotten everything to work. except the Alt Hold. the coprter is very stable. but as soon as I switch on alt hold above 8-10 feet, it still keeps wanting to climb. Basically what i am asking is does anyone have a good P, I, and I max settings for the alt Hold, and also noticed there is a motor rate. and would like to know what that should be at.

thanks SW

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yea, I have some light breathable foam on the baro sensor, and I have the sonar mounted just like the instructions. it is away from the motors and the esc's. should I revert bake to 2.0.46 or 42 I heard 0.42 worked really well with baro.  as with this one. I am not sure what I should do. I have read everything on the wiki page. and I realized that both my copters are pretty much doing the same thing. so I don't think it is the sensor. aso I disconnected the sonar, and still doing the same thing. if I can here is my e-mail, tc3wins@hotmail.com, can someone send me a phone number and i can explain batter over the phone. I just want to get these copters working right before the hHafe show on friday.

• How do you check the output of the sonar/ baro, everything is stock. I just tried it again by adjusting my throttle when I set alt hold. and still the same thing. but did notice that when the throttle was to low in alt hold she would drop like a rock, and if in the middle or slightly high she would keep going in the up position, and when I tried to adjust while set in hover again still going in the up position. or falling like a rock. And hover value??? is there anyone I can call to explain what is going on can give better details.

Have you checked the output of the sonar compared to the barometer output? Are you positive your sonar is not noisy? What is the result of disabling the sonar and just using baro? Is this stock kit stuff you're flying? It doesn't read like you've done anything but mess with PIDs yet- have you set your hover throttle value?

I changed this topic to "ArduCopter 2.x (multicopter)" as it does not belong in the ArduPilotMega/ArduPlane topic

• So from what I read on the first post. if I got this right once I switch on alt hold I still need to lower or rais my throttle to maintain the alt that it is set at. I am slightly confused. as for the code thing. I am not good with entering new lines in adrino,all i have done in adrino is uncoment things and hit load.  is there a way we could talk on the phone? I can give better details of what is going on with the copter.

• Ok the PID settings were a no go, it is still doing the same thing. the lower I go on the numbers the slower it keeps moving up. the higher the numbers the faster. but it will not stay level. I get 1 day left to get this thing working right. what PID settings are working for you. I am supposted to show this thing off at the hhafe show on friday.

• Thanks , are these the P,I settings you are using.

• I will have to try everything when I get home from work. and when I was flying it earlyer today, I was in stable mode at 10 feet or so, then switched to alt hold and it bounces a little as it is slowly still going up so won;t stat at a level hight. that is one of the reasons I am looking for good P, I and I max numbers to work with. I have adjust mine. and I have my alt Hold , P at .15, I at .01 and I max at 10.0 so are those too low or high?

• It is slightly as it keeps going up when I st the alt hold mode around 10 feet or so, so I am am looking if anyone can give me some nubers for the alt hold and then go from there.  when I am close to the ground under 5 feet or so the quad stays planted when I st the alt hold. it is above that when I am having the problems.

• makes sence..(simple mode) that explains when I was messing with it and I got the copter backwards. good thig is I have only had a few slight rough landings getting this setup.  so do you have a good PID setting for alt hold. what are some good numbers to start with.  and thank you for your help.

This reply was deleted.

Activity