just what it says, I have GPS glitch set to AltHold...so was in AUTO mission and it hit a GPS glitch....then you see the LAND command go off....even thou I have AltHold set???

come on...what the heck is this? I completely lost confidence on AC now....please help....copter crashed trying to land on top of power lines...luckily it landed on soft pasture with just broken arm and props....

2015-07-03_10-54-11.jpg

2015-07-03_10-54-44.jpg

2015-07-03 10-10-06.log

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Hi Ivan,

You had a GPS glitch AND a radio failsafe. So the copter can't navigate and you can't fly it. The only thing left to do is try to get back on the ground in one piece (or as few as possible).

I wouldn't be surprised if the power lines you hit during landing caused both the GPS glitch and Radio failsafe.

• thanks for looking into Leonard.....I realize at the moment there was a radio FS as well and I can understand the explanation you gave as perfectly reasonable, however none of this seems to be documented anywhere in the Wiki....is there a way to disable this autoland feature? Something like Althold should still work fine even with Radio and GPS FS going on.....

• Developer

We don't do that because we don't want copter to hover off into the distance. This happend to me once and it drifted with the wind for 2.5km before the battery died. I lost a gopro and copter. So yeh, Alt Hold works fine with no GPS and control from the pilot.

So what do you expect to happen when the copter goes into Alt Hold at 30m in Altitude in a mild wind?

• yea makes sense....in my scenario if you notice the GPS returned to normal after 6 seconds or so....so it would have been possible for copter to resume mission or RTL?  or could it be an option for copter to enter AltHold for "x" period of time and then proceed to land when that timer expires?

• Developer

Hi Ivan,

Yeh, we already have a wait period before we make the decision to land. There isn't a parameter for it though. 

• I understand , but my concern I guess is AC decision to land because there was no radio, instead of AltHold like it was told, and none of this is documented anywhere that I can find....its not a good thing when vehicle does things the operator is not expecting...just my 2 cents.

• Mine did something like this.  Nobody offered any advice other than something irrelevant.

http://diydrones.com/group/arducopterusergroup/forum/topics/quadcop...

I reset my flight controller and started from defaults.  It has not had that problem since.  Do you have your gps mounted on the pole mount?  I, also, found that a T60 connector that had my gimbal power soldered in line was running really hot.  I just powered my gimbal with a small 3s and it eliminated that possibility.

• how can this just be ignored? a copter off doing its own thing like ramdonly landing is just down right dangerous....sounds like you and I were having the same issue....

someone in RCgroups told me it could have been the EKF failsafe kicking in, which apparently only has option to LAND....and nothing else.

anyways, I have messaged Leonard Hall, one of the developers I was told to contact directly on this

• I don't think mine tried to do an RTL....but interesting....

I am a little stumped this isn't getting much attention....very worrying AC is doing things is not told to do...

• anyone? I need some help, this is really ugly that AC just did something completely different than what it was told to do.....

This reply was deleted.

Activity