Hi,I’m currently developing a fixed wing UAV with stalling speed around 6m/s. I use 3DR’s Pixhawk to measure the performance of this UAV. The air speed is measured by 3DR’s Pixhawk air speed sensor as below.https://store.3drobotics.com/products/pixhawk-airspeed-sensor-kitDuring the test I found that the airspeed sensor gives data of 0 m/s when the airspeed drops to be below 3m/s and there are relative large fluctuation when the airspeed is below 8m/s. That means this airspeed sensor might not be very accurate for low speed. Have anyone got similar problem or you think I did anything wrong with it? If this airspeed sensor can’t measure that low airspeed, could anyone recommend an airspeed sensor to me for this usage?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Could anyone help on this air speed sensor problem?

• no idea what the spec of the airspeed sensor is, but given it relies on pressure, there is certainly a minimum speed threshold and you may have found it. but I think the code utilizes both airspeed sensor and gps data together to get an accurate airspeed

• Does that mean it is quite hard(impossible?) to obtain a more accurate air speed with airspeed sensor costing less than 500 USD?

By the way how could it use gps data to obtain a more accurate airspeed? Wind changes all the time. Theoretically there isn't any relation between ground speed and air speed.
This reply was deleted.

Activity

Neville Rodrigues liked Neville Rodrigues's profile
Jun 30
Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…