Pixhawk and Feiyu G3

Has anyone been able to get the Pixhawk to connect to a Feiyu G3 2 axis gimbal? We are having no success here:

-9XR transmitter

-Frysky DB82 receiver

-Channel 6 assigned to tuning knob on transmitter

-Feiyu G3 gimbal control wire connected to AUX 1 out on Pixhawk

-Feiyu G3 gimbal power supply is separate

-Mission planner gimbal page set up channel 9 and channel 6 input

We get nothing, nada, no response to transmitter input. Tried many different combinations. Nothing. Gimbal just goes to extreme up position. With something as sophisticated as the Pixhawk there must be a way to do this simple thing. We just need manual control of the gimbal pitch while flying

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I wish that worked. Seems no matter what max angle values or pwm limits I input in the gimbal screen makes no difference. Just get either full travel or no travel 

• I'm at work right now so I'm not sure. I believe it's a four pin but there is only two wires... A black and a white
    • In my experience with the 4 pin board I could not get it to work. I was having the same issue as you, it would either pitch all the way up or down, i could not control it.

I tried a multitude of combinations between the gimbal and PixHawk but to no avail.

The newer boards (3pin) work perfectly.

Todd H

• It's a recent edition. Purchased April this year
    • On the main board is there a 3 pin connection or a 4 pin for the tilt/roll control.

• Chris,

Is it one of the earlier models or a more recent edition? There are some differences between the boards that may be causing this issue.

I know because I experienced similar results with one of the early original editions.

Todd H

This reply was deleted.

Activity