PIXHAWK problem

I have been using pixhawk succesfully for a week now BUT...

today after a small flight indoors ... after i dissarmed my quad i couldn't arm it again from safe button.

I didn't have the buzzer on so i had no indication of the problem. So i decided to plug my pixhawk on my pc through usb without everything (later on i connected the buzzer and safety switch) and it could not connect to apm nor mp.

After pluging the buzzer i heard this strange beep sequense that is not listed in the known ones so please if someone can help me ... it goes 3 quick beeps and then 3 long beeps like beep beep beep - beeeeeeep beeeeeep beeeeeep . The safety switch blinks fast.

If while it beeps i press the "Flight management reset button" next to USB , then pixhawk comes alive and i am able to connect to both apm and mp.

And WHY does it get OK when i press the "Flight management reset button" ?

Of course pressing the "Flight management reset button" is not a normal solution for when i am on the field , so PLEASE HELP ME !!!!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I had the same issue. With all logging options off, the pre-arm stage still was blocked on logging. And then I checked the pre-arm section and there's a logging check there. If you disable that check, you can get past the 'pre-arm: logging' failed error.

3702449836?profile=original

2018-12-08_20-57-39-e8f7285f74f2e5624b6b4b4af572eea2.png

• Thank you people, I just solve my nightmare here.

What is the maximum capacity for SD card in Pixhawk?  

• I have tried a 32gb version, which worked fine.
      But 4 or 8Gb works as well, I guess it is related to how much PIXHAWK logging you would like to store there..
      I believe the standard is 4GB if I am not mistaken..
  • Also I think Randy did firmware update for this problem

......"AC-3.1.4-rc1 is now the official version available through the Mission Planner.

There are no changes for APM1 and APM2 users, but for PX4/Pixhawk users there are these bug fixes:
    1. Bug Fix for Pixhawk/PX4 NuttX I2C memory corruption when errors are found on I2C bus
    2. Fat system file corruption bug that could lead to corrupt log files"....

http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/arducopter-3-1-released?id=705844...

• Admin

@Yiannis,

The 3 short and 3 long beeps are for SOS I believe.

The Kingston micro SD cards that come with the Pixhawk have not given me any trouble on my two recent Pixhawk purchases. I have also used a SanDisk micro SD card with one of my Pixhawks without any issues.

Regards,

TCIII ArduRover2 Developer

• Thomas,

I refer to a batch which had the PX4 logo on it, and shipped around early January this year.

Guess the PIXHAWK is now delivered with Kingston SD cards...

Not a big deal, but kind of annoying if you start with PIXHAWK, and don't have a clue why it is happening,..

Thanks for your feedback anyway !

The more I fly with my drone the more I am impressed with the PIXHAWK as controller...

I have a couple of movies on YouTube under my channel, FPVDroneEG for those who are interested...
      • it is a big deal!

WHO WILL PAY ME FOR NEW SD CARD?!

I DO NOT CARE IF IT IS 1 OR 2 OR 10$,that is original peace of hardware witch does not work!

and affected users are tho ones who rush to buy early Pixhawks??

also Since I erased logs from sd card and be able to arm again,now my non 3dr radio(433MhZ,rcTIMER) AIR MODULE STOP WORKING.....IS THIS NORMAL?

• Ok,radio is working now after I upload settings few times with fdti cable...

• It was extremely frustrating experience for me too.. I spent a lot of time trying to understand what was going on until finally contacting 3DR and waiting a few days/week for a response.. turned out they knew about the problem but failed to email me notifying me of this very frustrating known problem...

anyway, swapping out the SD card to a different quality MicroSD cards fixed it for me...  and they did send replacement MicroSD cards as well... 

Anyway, definitely change out your SD cards until a good replacement arrives from 3DR.... It's a shame 3DR failed to notify their customers of the problem in advance.

This reply was deleted.

Activity