Pixhawk stuck initializing forever

i Newbie here.

I've been working with Pixhawk for a few days now. Came close to flying once or twice. Have successfully done all setup/calibrations a few times.

No trouble loading firmware. But now upon connecting by USB or telemetry I have an endless all color rapid flashing main led which I believe means initializing. I have made it many times past that flashing blue, flashing green, solid green, armed.

But now a couple of times it never gets out of all colors rapidly flashing - which means its stuck initializing.

Reloaded firmware successfully but no change.

Any ideas.

Steve

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Today I removed everything and the board from the quad. Nothing plugged in except usb. Still didn't work so I started exploring prearm checks in the parameters list. Saw that all was selected so I unchecked that. Got flashing yellow. Put back in easy stuff like baraometer and board voltage. Go to blue flashing - not armed, no gps. Plugged in GPS and waited and got flashing green  GPS locked not armed. This is good... Long story short I managed to get everything plugged in again and still had flashing green. Got it to arm so I am on to other things. Can't be sure what prevented it from getting out of initializing but now i know how to approach it. Tear it down and work your way back.

• Tried 4 cables and reset to no effect.

I did remove evrything except the usb and it started in initialization and then went to flashing yellow. I think tha means some prearm siutuation occurs.

Need to zero in.

Maybe its the board as it didn't spend much time in intializing for the first few days.

Thanks for your help.

• 1. rest PixHawk to factory default. The push button next to USB port.

2. Change USB cable. You have a defective USB cable.

This reply was deleted.

Activity