Pixhawk Versions

I plan to build a hexacopter with the Pixhawk flight controller. I was researching it up and found the Pixhawk 2.1 version which comes with a CUBE and EDISON option. Also online on eBay I found a Pixhawk 2.4.8 as well. However, the data available was not comprehensive and I have the following doubts.

1> What is the difference between Pixhawk 2.4.8 and 2.1?
2> Can the Pixhawk 2.1 be paired with a companion processor? I am looking at pairing it with the Raspberry Pi. 
3> Can the Pixhawk 2.1 Edison version be paired with the Raspberry Pi?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 2.4.9 changed some resistor & capacitor values , unless I am mistaken, trivial.

as for 2.1 , yes, more redundancy - but maybe equally important; more different sensors and sampling rates, less chance of aliasing.

• Can you please tell me the difference between 2.4.8 and 2.4.9. Also, which is the IMU on 2.1 and that on 2.4.x.

Further the 2.1 advertises itself as triple redundant IMU and double barometer. So does that mean that the 2.1 has two seperate barometer sensors and three seperate 3-axis gyro & accelerometer?

• 100KM

Arunava,    The Pixhawk1 (2.4.8 and 2.4.9) has a slightly better IMU(lower noise gyros) than the Pixhawk 2.1.      Here is a link to the mRo Robotics autopilot store web page.    It has good descriptions of the autopilots that will allow you to form your own understanding the differences.     The Pixhawk 2.0 is the 3DR version that has the better IMU.  

https://store.mrobotics.io/category-s/113.htm

You can hook the Rasberry Pi up with the Pixhawk 1 via a one the pixhawk serial ports.    Here is a link the the developers page that discusses how:

http://ardupilot.org/dev/docs/raspberry-pi-via-mavlink.html 

PixHawk
  • Hmm, so as I understand

- Pixhawk 2.1 (CUBE) for all my aircraft control, telemetry and mission execution both in manual and autonomous mode.

- A companion Raspberry Pi for gimbal control, datalink, object/pattern detection and other processing.

- The Pixhawk will be be  able to do two way communication with the Raspberry pie for

- Aircraft data transfer to Raspberry and

- Mission modification from Raspberry based on datalink feed from user or onboard image processing by Raspberry.

Kindly confirm my understanding is correct. If not please correct with brief explanation.

• 1: "2.1"  Is the latest pixhawk , (with Cube)  , PX4 2.4.8 is the PCB/version of the first Pixhawk (3DR Pixhawk)

2:  no "pairing" involved, yes, just like Pixhawk , Pixhawk 2.1 can be used with companion computer.

3: yes, having the Edison space, does not prevent it from interfacing any other computer.

This reply was deleted.

Activity