Can someone tell me the differences between a Pixhawk and the Pixhawk 2 that 3DR is marketing as being supplied with the Solo?

I've tried searching, but only found vague references to Pixhawk 2.

Even the 3DR web site is very light with info about Pixhawk 2.

Perhaps the info is being kept quiet until the final release? If so, that's ok, just let us know.

Thanks!

Rich

Views: 48349

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are the HD video capabilities physically separate from Pixhawk 2? Or is everything (flight controller, video link, control) integrated together in Solo / PX2?

Pixhawk 2 has just 168Mhz CPU and 256KB of ram so it can not have video link and etc integrated. There is a second more powerful single board computer for this purpose.

I wonder if 3DR is willing to sell this system. HD video link for cheap(er) would be great!

What's the link for? It seems maybe you're confused about the difference between Pixhawk and PX4, which is fair enough, because it is kind of confusing. PX4 came out before the Pixhawk and was a 2-board system, with PX4IMU and PX4IO. PX4 also refers to the autopilot code stack which is an alternative to the APM autopilot code stack. PX4 and Pixhawk are not the same thing (I own both).

Or even if they publish it as open source which I doubt!

I think one of the 1ghz computers is in the TX controller?

I had heard that the Pix2 wouldn't be available until mid-December.  Consider that a rumor though.

I also just opened up my Solo and the Pix 2 there must have a different layout as the one in the Solo is basically a large circuit board.  I thought that the Pix2 would be comprised of 2 separate units; a controller with a lead to another unit that has all of the connections on it?

-Mike

Why so late?!

TEAR IT DOWN! TEAR IT DOWN! TEAR IT DOWN!

No idea if that rumor is even true or not but it could be for many reasons.  Maybe they just wanted to get through the Christmas season and all of the Solo orders before they released another new product?  Or maybe they have the Pix2 in limited production now to verify that it meets their expectations and that the sensors work with the new firmware.  Or maybe it's in production and they're building up a small supply?

-Mike

Not my photos but here are some public ones.  I'm at work at the moment. :)

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=823C4E3E8064B62F%21650&cid=823C4E...

-Mike

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service