Pixhawk1 Error Uploading Firmware no matter what I try

I am unable to upload ANY firmware to my copter.  I've been trying for about a week now using both Mission Planner and QGround Control and pretty beyond frustrated.  I need help.l

I've tried all combinations of the firmware settings, including selecting "copter," "helicopter" "ignore"
"ignore" or "official"
"fmuv2" or "ignore"
"3.6.11" or "ignore"
"apj" or "ignore"
(selected my corrected com port ID) but also tried others just in case
"9" or "ignore" for board ID
"fmuv2" or "PX4 BL FMU v2"
and both firmware options, when two appear based on changing the above options.

It makes no difference. It took me almost two days to try all combinations, but I have, so please do not advide me I've done some setting wrong here...

I've also tried in QGround Control almost all possibilities, but did not try all different firmwares because there are about 50 of them listed. QGround Control gives the following errors:

"Error: Send Command" "Invalid Sync Response 0x53 0x75"

I was previously able to upgrade firmware using QGround Control. In fact, it's what started the problem when I did a firmware upgrade, but did not realize the options were below. QGround Control shows my firmware as 3.6.11 but when I use Mission Planner to install Previous Firmware, I see all the upgrades from 3.6.11 and last upgrade shown on previous is "AC 3.6.7 AP 3.9.7" So I am pretty sure the QGround Control Update firmware thing I did caused this.
What is going on?

Mission Planner Firmware Error messages I'm getting:
"Scanning Com Ports" (pauses here for a long time then immediately:)
"Error: No response from Board"
(then popup window:)
"Error Uploading Firmware"

I've also tried using the terminal to connect but when I do, using any and ALL combinations of settings, I get:

"Can't open serial port"

Did I brick my flight controller?

Using Pixhawk1 for 3dr x8 Octoquad.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• vyoufinder SHOULD HAVE said:

I've solved this. For anyone else running into the issue, here is what all was required:

1.  Disconnect from Mission Planner or QGround Control.

2.  Open Task Manager and shut down all COM Surrogate ports

3.  Uninstall Mission Planner

4.  Install Mission Planner (thereby re-installing COM port and related drivers)

5.  Install firmware USING MISSION PLANNER 1.3.6.2 <- THIS is the solution

6.  Used QGround Control to reset all parameters to default

7.  Reboot the copter and reconfigure everything from scratch, don't use saved .params list file.

My Pixhawk is back in action.

Pixhawk1 Error Uploading Firmware no matter what I try
    I am unable to upload ANY firmware to my copter.  I've been trying for about a week now using both Mission Planner and QGround Control and pretty bey…
  • I've solved this. For anyone else running into the issue, here is what all was required:

1.  Disconnect from Mission Planner or QGround Control.

2.  Open Task Manager and shut down all COM Surrogate ports

3.  Uninstall Mission Planner

4.  Install Mission Planner (thereby re-installing COM port and related drivers)

5.  Install firmware

6.  Used QGround Control to reset all parameters to default

7.  Reboot the copter and reconfigure everything from scratch, don't use saved .params list file.

My Pixhawk is back in action.

• Thanks.  Will do it then.  However.. I'd really like to get my COM ports working again.  Not only for Pixhawk, but I just like things to be working when I need it for the next time.. Any way to uninstall ALL COM updates from Mission Planner/firmware update?  It worked finde before I installed the CHbios or whatever..

3DR not making the Pixhawk 4 reassures me that this is not some sort of ploy by 3dr to encourage upgrades, thanks for clearing that part up!

• 3D Robotics

You can use the latest PX4 and ArduPilot firmware with a Pixhawk 1, but some features will be disabled (lack of memory). 

Just to be clear, 3DR hasn't made or sold Pixhawks for years. The Pixhawk 4 and others are all made by other companies now. Virtues of open source hardware.

• I was not convinced that the Pixhawk was bricked.  A quick check into my log files showed screwy looking COM port settings changed and looked like errors.  So I tried it on another computer and was able to install firmware without a problem.  I won't go and buy Pixhawk 4.  It seems when I installed the latest *stable* version, it screwed up the COM port setting on my computer.  You'd think the developers would disable or warn about  latest firmware not being compatible with Pixhawk boards with a simple check in the firmware upgrade script, a version check.  I found hundreds of people thought they bricked their Pixhawks and imagined how many thousands of dollars that was...  Good for 3DR, bad for everyone using anything but the very latest Pixhawk hardware versions.

What is the latest firmware version copmpatible with Pixhawk?  Do you know?  I like to use the latest firmware possible for most things.

• 3D Robotics

It does sound pretty bricked. One last thing you can try is removing the SD card, which might be corrupted. 

That's a very old flight controller, which cannot run the latest software with all features. Might be time to upgrade to Pixhawk 4 or equivalent with more memory 

This reply was deleted.

Activity