This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

Views: 95733

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

I use original PixRacer and had it somehow working with PX4. I now want to move on with Arducopter.

I read your comment that 3.4 is required. Is there a timeline on when this will be available?

Does another FW (3.4 rc1) support the PixRacer HW or should I stick with PX4 until 3.4 is released?

Thanks

3.4 is in beta now, you can download from M Planner beta firmwares and you can follow comments and discussions about 3.4 here http://discuss.ardupilot.org/c/arducopter/copter34 ,

beta is at your own risk.

Is there a pixracer specific firmware for 3.4-rc1?
If i update from a working 3.3.4 to 3.4-rc1, pixracer fails fo load any sensor driver. If it happens to let me connect over usb, every value is frozen. Therefore i assume im doing something seriously wrong. :) Checked what i can, now im about to build an ftdi cable for the debug port.

Marcell,

I am a little confused so sorry if I misunderstood - the discussion is too long...: Are you posting a question or replying to some?

3.4rc1 as well as current master (which I recommend but 3.4rc2 should be availlable soon anyway) work fine with Pixracer.

Please provide logs! "Somehow it does not work" is pretty unspecific ;-) 

Best regards,

Thorsten

@Thorsten: than you for helpful guidance, i still need to be socialized to forums ;)

My pixracer works with 3.3.4. I spent a few hours to configure it, but it flies. But, I need 3.4, with those great fetures in there.

After updating to 3.4-rc1, it does not work as i expect.

This is the problem:

- the first few power on, the boot sound seems to be cut by two beeps

- after a few retry, i get the same signal as with 3.3.4. if this happens, i can connect with MP, over USB

- in the APM folder of the SD card, in boot.log: "No PX4IO board found"

- in Mission planner, all data is zero on the status tab, except FW version, date time, capabilities.

- tests using NSH over MP connects, but these are the results:

nsh> mpu6000 test

mpu6000: ret: -1, expected 72.

mpu6000: ret: immediate acc read failed: Invalid argument

nsh> mpu9250 test

mpu9250: /dev/mpu9250_accel open failed .... No such file or directory

Are there any other useful logs for this?

Attachments:

Sorry to ask, but is your PixRacer from AUAV ?? I've seen similar complaints from users that bought from HK and/or BG.

I dont know how but my reply for this got lost.

Yes, it is from HK or BR or somewhere else than AUAV.

With 3.3.4 it works well, but not with 3.4. Therefore i assume this is something fixable, not purely a fail of the manufacturer.

Where did you see similar complains? Can you please share?

Is there any kind of warranty it will work if i order one from AUAV with 3.4-rc1? Is there a test i can run to identify the failing component? I'm open for any resolution, but saying all the problems are caused by clones wouldnt help, wouldt convince me to buy one from AUAV.  

For me, buying from AUAV would cost 140usd, with no case. Just for comparison, a BigMac here costs around 3usd.

No offense though, im just looking for solutions or alternatives.

Google might be your friend searching for other users with similar problems, but on the comments section on HK there's a good answer http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__104595__Pixracer_Xracer_...

Apparently a reply from the manufacturer is:

"I finally got a response from the manufacturer of these attempted clones and they will not be compatible with future releases of Arducopter, the current release of Arduplane or the current release of PX4. This thing is static like APM is. A very poor cloning operation going on there"

Thanks Luis,

Did they clone the R7 beta board or the R12 initial production board? The R12 files in the Github Repository should have no compatibility problems.

Seems like someone is trying hard to kill the reputation of the PixRacer in general, or maybe I am just dreaming that?

Phillip,

I am flying with your Pixracer with 3.4dev - without any problems. So there must be some differences between the boards. I would never even think of buying a clone just to save some $€. In the end you often pay more and do not support the devs.

So I hope it is just a bad dream! 

There are some reports including failed autotunes. But I think this comes from migrating from 3.3 to 3.4. I suggest to clean any params by installing plane or rover first and then only copy the really relevant ones and run the initial setup again.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you.

I want everyone to know it has been suggested several times that we should knowingly release flawed design files. Both Nick and I are firmly against that practice.

Also, I have read reports that the cloners are deviating from our parts list and the chosen replacement parts are not up to spec. This is how they can sell their board for what they cost us to make. We use only superior OEM parts, up to and including the JST branded connectors. No detail is overlooked.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/px4users/pixracer/px4users/3f6vgxlt6ac/xcK3klE-BwAJ

Hi Philip

Whatever has been done by the HK manufacturer has began to create problems to their customers. 

I believe that comment i pointed before is revealing.

After the reply I gave that user above I searched here on DIY and that's not the first time he has problems with his HKracer.

We can try to help, to weed out Ardupilot issues, but is a time killer if we don't get consistent results from the hardware. Time that is already short to have a great ArduPilot flying better than anything out there.

I do recommend to the users of HKracer (and similar) to get in touch with their vendor for clarification.

PixRacer from AUAV, flys great with ArduPilot Copter 3.4 master. Just flew a few flights this morning. 

As this is a non release version, I would follow Thorsten recommendation on cleaning parameters.

As a side comment: I wonder why did HK slashed the price of their HKracer to almost half from when they launched it ;)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service