Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks Phil. I would sell my soul to be able to fly my drones again :)

If the cables does not arrive for long, i would be happy without them as well, or would pay extra shipping to send them separately :) 

Others please forgive me for offtopic comments here ;)

Phillip Kocmoud said:

Marcell,

We have plenty of stock on boards. Cables stuck in customs is the latest issue with Europe shipments. I think Nick received them today so expect your order to ship shortly.

• Marcell,

We have plenty of stock on boards. Cables stuck in customs is the latest issue with Europe shipments. I think Nick received them today so expect your order to ship shortly.

• Thanks, i keep my fingers crossed to have it next week. :)

Otto Küng said:

When I ordered my Pixracer in Feb. ist was delivere mid March.(6 weeks)

Depends on  production lots.

Dave said:

~1 week.
  • ~1 week.
  • When I ordered my Pixracer in Feb. ist was delivere mid March.(6 weeks)

Depends on  production lots.

Marcell Kovacs said:

How many days was to get your pixracer shipped from AUAV? Mine is processing for more than a week now :( 

And I get no response for my email. Maybe because of PayPal? :'(

• How many days was to get your pixracer shipped from AUAV? Mine is processing for more than a week now :( 

And I get no response for my email. Maybe because of PayPal? :'(

• Richard Kennedy said:

Looking forward to getting my PixRacer and testing it out. 

A couple questions... if the PixRacer does %95 of what a Pixhawk does what is the %5 it doesn't? I know it doesn't have as many servo outputs is that about it? It seems to have all the other ports and even supports Taranis Telem native with no Teesny so I hear [ with the correct Lua set up of course ] . Nice! But what are the %5 limitations? 

Even though it doesn't have more than 6 channel servo outputs can the board still take advantage of the higher channel numbers APM copter code allows for added radio control??  For instance you can select ch 7-8 for auto tune etc. Is that still available on the PixRacer even though it only has 6 ch outputs?

Thx

it dont work thats the 5% with no other firmware just 3.4 and sbus and wifi dont work

• it works with 3.4 but there is no way to connect to wifi and you might need a pwm to sbus converter

• It will work with 3.3.4. It will not work with 3.4Rc1, Arduplane 3.6 or the latest stable or master of PX4. My guess is all these vendors (GLB, Ali, HK, Banggood, etc.) are getting them from the same sketchy clone manufacturer. The HK site did not show even one review before they took it down, only some discussion. I would be surprised if they shipped any of those at all.

Michael Burmeister said:

I'm a little concerned that they were on backorder last week and now they are no longer available.  It would seem to me they have found a flaw in there design and no mater what firmware you load the unit won't work.

• Michael: mine is from aliexpress, still available from multiple sellers. Or just give me an address to ship to. :)
    (For those reading this first: buy from auav.com instead, ali version does not work well)
This reply was deleted.

Activity