Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey Cala, will check, this afternoon. Although I assume the issue is somewhere else, because i can see weird oscillations on RC input channels.

Cala said:

Not shure if this helps but if you want to give a try.

Here Leonard recommendations for racer cuads

If you have a 250 quad then you will need to set this:
    INS_GYRO_FILTER,40
    ATC_RAT_RLL_FILT,40
    ATC_RAT_PIT_FILT,40
    AUTOTUNE_AGGR,0.1
    AUTOTUNE_MIN_D,0.0005

You can read here: http://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/autotune-failed-pixracer-overpowered...

I used INS GYRO FILTER at 20 and works but I'm going to try again with 40 with RC2, If Leonard recommend this, it's shure better, filters make a big difference in PIDs; your filters are in 20, be carefull, attitude change a lot.

• Calm down!!!! With four exclamation marks! Got a laugh out of that.

The exclamation mark is 'used after an interjection or exclamation to indicate strong feelings or high volume (shouting)' - wikipedia

So who's stressed :)

• GLUPPP!!!! Sorrryyyy!!!!, It' says july 9, not too old? but I'm going to try to find newer recommendations for this filters, previous to try autotune again with new rc2, if you have any reference that help Us, or suppose to stay at standard ones now?

Thank's Luis

• Not shure if this helps but if you want to give a try.

Here Leonard recommendations for racer cuads

If you have a 250 quad then you will need to set this:
    INS_GYRO_FILTER,40
    ATC_RAT_RLL_FILT,40
    ATC_RAT_PIT_FILT,40
    AUTOTUNE_AGGR,0.1
    AUTOTUNE_MIN_D,0.0005

You can read here: http://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/autotune-failed-pixracer-overpowered...

I used INS GYRO FILTER at 20 and works but I'm going to try again with 40 with RC2, If Leonard recommend this, it's shure better, filters make a big difference in PIDs; your filters are in 20, be carefull, attitude change a lot.

• Just checked, i get the same with 3.3.4 as well. Do you have any idea?

• I get the same with a ppm sum receiver.

Can this be a wrong PID setting?

Marcell Kovacs said:

12 2000.01.01. 1-06-10.bin

• Hi, i just assembled the last parts to get my quad flying again, with pixracer on board. Something seriously wrong.. 

The copter is very twitchy, regardless of the PID settings. It does not oscillate, but moves randomly.

I've checked in MP, my radio sends a constant PWM signal (with max +-5 difference, with any throttle), but in the logs there is a +-100pwm random move on RCIN (see logs). I swear I didn't move the sticks like that :) And it seems to be correlating with throttle.

About my setup: 2204motors, 5x4.5props, 20a blheli esc, 4s 1800mah

Can you please take a look at the logs if you spot something?

I had the same with RC1 (im not very sure, maybe it was already rc2), i cant test with 3.3, because of dsm support. Will test with ppm sum instead, but will take some time.

3702280436?profile=original

qav250_pixracer_3.4-rc2-almost-flyable2-twitchy.param

8 2000.01.01. 1-09-20.bin

• Ooops.:)

Cala said:

Thank's Artem

SHE .... ;)
    Artem said:

He meens is 12v for video filtered, in a sense: does it have an LC filter - nope, it doesn't if used with any modern high response ESCs 12v on ACSP4 does need LC filter,  to be used to power analog vTx, just like any other 12v switching bec. 

• Thank's Artem

SHE .... ;)
    Artem said:

He meens is 12v for video filtered, in a sense: does it have an LC filter - nope, it doesn't if used with any modern high response ESCs 12v on ACSP4 does need LC filter,  to be used to power analog vTx, just like any other 12v switching bec. 

• Sorry my horrible english; in all my FPV platforms I have to use a filter like this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__26246__L_C_Power_Filter_... (to filter current 12v video)  to avoid horrible interference lines in the video (I use only one batt to power everything), but in a little racer with everything (FC, telemetry, osd, video, mobius, etc. another component like the filter is another problem :( but, it was a surprise that, first time I didn't have that interference and not need the filter, Im not shure if it's because my first ship with 5,8 video (I always use 1,2) or, something filtering in the power board? 

If the answer is yes or no, I'm going to try to change my wires mesh "power board" for this one, I'm going to save tons of weight and clean my ship :D, and if I can avoid filter too it's an extra advantage.  

This reply was deleted.

Activity