Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• @Otto, yes, I don't like the Vib X values. It's not clipping but they are too high. I did a semi-hard mount with bobbins to see what it would do, but I'm going to have to rethink the dampening.

Also, I know the tuning is off. Where's some oscillation in the pitch axis but it's flyable. Vibs probably aren't helping. I need to fix the radio issue though before I do much more with it.

• M bad. Log is opens. : )

Rod Davis said:

That's odd. I just looked at the log and the FMT messages are there. The log file was generated on 3.4-rc2. I'm just using one of the modified TH9Xs 3DR shipped with the Iris+.

• That's odd. I just looked at the log and the FMT messages are there. The log file was generated on 3.4-rc2. I'm just using one of the modified TH9Xs 3DR shipped with the Iris+.

• Rod Davis said:

I wasn’t sure if I should be posting it here or over in the discuss.ardupilot.org site.  I’m having trouble with radio timeouts between a D4R-II and Pixracer. This has been an ongoing intermittent issue.

I have tested with and without the Wifi module, replaced the radio cables, and swapped out the receiver. I’ve dug as deep as I can into the code and see where it does the test for frames within 500 ms. When I look at the RCIN log entries, I see 5 previous identical entries, one every 100 ms, which tells me that it likely did not receive a new frame from the radio within that time frame.

I need some direction on how to further debug this problem.

Here is a log from today with the Wifi module removed and flying only about 10m away.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1nMviZoXYHweVZBN0kyZ25JcDA

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just an other Issue: Your Vib X ist 5 times to high.

• @Rod: when i open the logs provided, it says there is no FMT messages. What kind of radio are you using?

@Dr Who: Yes, should be possible, I have never done so, but: you will probably need an I2C splitter, and maybe have to use one of the extra serials for that. Im not sure.

• canwe put 2 gps on pix racer?

• I wasn’t sure if I should be posting it here or over in the discuss.ardupilot.org site.  I’m having trouble with radio timeouts between a D4R-II and Pixracer. This has been an ongoing intermittent issue.

I have tested with and without the Wifi module, replaced the radio cables, and swapped out the receiver. I’ve dug as deep as I can into the code and see where it does the test for frames within 500 ms. When I look at the RCIN log entries, I see 5 previous identical entries, one every 100 ms, which tells me that it likely did not receive a new frame from the radio within that time frame.

I need some direction on how to further debug this problem.

Here is a log from today with the Wifi module removed and flying only about 10m away.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1nMviZoXYHweVZBN0kyZ25JcDA

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• We supply customized 0.2mm BLDC motor stators and rotors for drones, UAV, and Quadcopter, we have ready-made punched mold available to meet your small qty. orders. if you are DIy drones designer, our stators would be helpful for you.
    details, see www.jystatorrotor.com
    pls send us email to paul@jystatorrotor.com
    electrical motor stator and rotor, brushless DC BLDC motor stator lamination, silicon steel stampin…
    we have brushless dc (BLDC) motor stator for sale which we have already-built punching mold. we provide the service of motor stator and rotor silicon…
  • The forgotten log files.

2016-08-12 20-02-02.bin

4 2016.08.12. 20-02-58.bin

• @Nick: These are 2 new logs just made. I did not have enough space and flying was really scary, because of the random movements. Therefore the fly is just a few seconds for both, then i was holding in hand.

First log is with a low battery the second is with a fresh, also lowered PIDs to MP minimum. Disconnected everything, but essentials.

Results:

RC input noise seems to be lower, but i can still see strong noise on vcc, mag1-3, basically everywhere.

ps: forgot to mention for my setup, i have 4x 200uF 36v capacitor right before the esc-s.

This reply was deleted.

Activity