Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank's

• Just load the lasted version and the RSSI now works.

Since your on a roll here how about the LED indicator?

Also I did a test with the GoPro WiFi turned on and had no issue with the transmitter.  If I do that with my IRIS forget it.  So you need  good receiver for this to work.

• I was able to implement an external LED via I2C.  This seems to work fine and does show all the status indications fine.  The tri Color LED on the board itself does not indicate any status like the PixHawk does. 

• To the best of my knowledge :) - There are only 2 which can be manipulated. The on-board tri-color LED and the one on the arming switch.

• Developer

@Michael,

Since your on a roll here how about the LED indicator?

what is it about the LED that needs fixing? Do you mean the small LED directly on the board, or is there an external LED option? (the bundle of cables and bits that Phillip kindly put in the package with my developer Pixracer is somewhere under several inches of other electronic bits on my desk - its quite possible I just have missed an external LED).

Cheers, Tridge

• I have done a couple of flights now with the WiFi enabled and it works with no issues even while in flight.  I use Tower software and a Auto mission and it reported each waypoint and battery level as it went.  Have not tested distance but for me not an issue.

9XR Transmitter with an X8R receiver and 16 channels.

• T3

Hi all,

I saw that Tridge and others put a lot of efforts into Pixracer recently. So it seems to be a prefect time for testing now.

Some questions:

WiFi:

- Is there a recommended board? Nick somewhere mentioned that they are working on a special one but I cannot find any updates so far. 

- Can the common boards be used out of the box or do they require a special firmware?

Relay/Camera trigger/Gimbal control:

- I saw that the in AP_BoardConfig it now defaults to 6 PWM on FMUv4. What has to be done to enable camera trigger and/or gimbal control apart from changing the BOARD_PWM_COUNT_DEFAULT? 

Vibrations:

- (just out of curiosity) is there any progress so far regarding 4kHz sampling to eliminate the need for vibration isolation based on the MPU9250?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Thorsten

AP_BoardConfig: default to 6 PWM on FMUv4 · ArduPilot/ardupilot@c3546df
    less likely to use relays
    • Thorsten,

I can only comment on these:

WiFi - buy any ESP-01 (ESP8266) board. Flashing instructions: https://pixhawk.org/peripherals/8266

Vibration - we are working on this at the moment.

• T3

Phillip, thanks for the reply!

Although I have no vibration issues on my copters I am really looking forward to the 4KHz results.

• Phillip, 

My pixracer micro really is having a hard time hovering without it banking in one direction or another until I correct it.   It it is a stacked flight controller and im sure vibration is high, do you think this is due to the 4kHz sampling vibration issue.

Is the Vibration issue a hardware change or will this get fixed in a version of Arducopter

This reply was deleted.

Activity