Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

The P and I are normally set to be the same after AutoTune so that particular part of it is ok.

I think we hear this complaint a fair bit that AutoTune produces bad results on some copters or under some conditions (i.e. heavy wind) but it's not clear at least to me what percentage of people have acceptable results vs unacceptable.

• I have done an Auto tune with this copter before the upgrade and it work good.  I just did it as a test to see if still worked.  They were so far off that the copter started to tip and I needed full stick just to keep it level.  This is a simple quad just like an IRIS so not very complicated.

Logging does not show the PID's before the auto tune so that is one problem.  I guess because of the rename they are not being posted anymore.

• Are we able to autotune with this version? Just wondered since parameter names have changed.

• Developer

Yes, it should autotune just like before.

• I am really having an issue where it wont really hover in stabilize, when it will often pitch and roll in forward right, then i correct and its fine for a minute when it starts to head off on its own again.  At first I thought it must be vibration but I lowered most vibration out in the PIDs, i,e, ATC_ANG_RLL_P=3

I first related it to battery or props etc, but have changed both, now Its becoming an issue where I crash more than I land because it took off on me.  I am posting a log if anyone has a minute or two maybe they can see something I have not noticed or don't understand.

2016-04-14 19-49-18.log

• T3

Edgar,

it does not seem to be a vibration problem but I have no experience with hard mounting the AP.

What is noticeable from your logs is a very noisy CTUN:ThrIn and some spikes in CURR:Vcc. 

ThrIn and ThrOut correspond as do Roll/DesRoll and Pitch/DesPitch. So it doesn't seem to be a PID tuning issue but some problem with the Tx-Rx or some interference.

• Thorsten,

Is there a way to change the tolerance of input to movement to Copter movement ratio?

Does RC_FEEL_RP do that?

I am seeing some movements of pitch/roll when I move throttle even on MP radio calibration screen without ESC plugged, just USB on power, so now I doubt it's the ESC causing the interference.  

Also removed Wifi/FPV 5.8.

I also moved the Rx away from ESC

So my only only option is to try another Rx or try to increase the PWM tolerance I'm thinking?

• T3

I don't think RC_FEEL will help here.

Most probably it is interference, but I am not sure.

• It's looks as a mechanical failure? If you try removing props and make motors spin during some time what happens?

People: sorry the offtopic: Home page and mails are working for you? I couldn't open Home page and don't recive mails alerts from yesterdat.

• DIYDrones.com has not been loading at my house no matter what device I use. Works fine on 3G and at the university.
This reply was deleted.

Activity