Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm not shure if it's working yet with Pixracer.

• Hi again. Somehow 3 4rc1 does not work for me. 3.3.x stable does, but im missing the wifi option a bit.
    I can only connect to it only right aftter boot. Boot log tells no px4io board found. Do u maybe have a wrong firmware downloaded by mission planner?
    • T3

Marcell,

I am a little confused so sorry if I misunderstood - the discussion is too long...: Are you posting a question or replying to some?

3.4rc1 as well as current master (which I recommend but 3.4rc2 should be availlable soon anyway) work fine with Pixracer.

Please provide logs! "Somehow it does not work" is pretty unspecific ;-) 

Best regards,

Thorsten

• Is there a pixracer specific firmware for 3.4-rc1?
      If i update from a working 3.3.4 to 3.4-rc1, pixracer fails fo load any sensor driver. If it happens to let me connect over usb, every value is frozen. Therefore i assume im doing something seriously wrong. :) Checked what i can, now im about to build an ftdi cable for the debug port.
    • That message has nothing to do with the WiFi board and your right the Firmware does not fully support the Pixracer.  That's why 3.4 is needed.

• Hi,

I use original PixRacer and had it somehow working with PX4. I now want to move on with Arducopter.

I read your comment that 3.4 is required. Is there a timeline on when this will be available?

Does another FW (3.4 rc1) support the PixRacer HW or should I stick with PX4 until 3.4 is released?

Thanks

• Hi, some news about my pixracer. My tunning is done now. Lot of tunning work (5 hours to find the good tunning! ) Poor results compared to same frame with cc3d and betaflight. It's seems that pid calculations are not as fast as the frequency output to the esc... In fpv fly, my little racer is unfliable, ex: it doesn't lock position on hard turns in accro mode and loose often line of sight... I compare my little quad with a big boat on sea ...
    I was an arducopter fan (apm 1,3 pixhawk..etc) by the past, but after 2 months of work on pixracer, it's difficult to say that it doesn't match with my setup....compared to betaflight with 15 minutes of setup. (Arducopter logs can be be supllied if needed...)
    Lots of difficulty in setup process : compass and gyro calibration is a pain. Pid Setup on mission planner is horrible, -> I can't set sometimes value because of bugs in mission planner (you have to set your pid via tower or an other way...)
    What's happen to our favorite project? Is needed to create an other fresh project with a fresh team of devs? Lot of work is done with openpilot, cleanflight, and specialy betaflight on pid process to make our little quad very precise and stable. why these projects are not taken in account to make arducopter more efficient in accro mode? (Pid synchro, Derivated filtering etc...).
    Honnors to randy and his team but a lot of work has to be done to see arducopter drives our little quads fly like it fly with an cleanflight/betaflight project.
    • MR60

@Kitsen. Ardupilot has not never been designed with FPV racing as an objective. To expect it performs like other flight controlling software which are specialized for FPV racing is like asking a dog to behave like a cat (and vice versa : cleanflight/betaflight will never be able to behave like Ardupilot).

I understand and share your wish for a "one size fits all" flight controlling software but it does not exist yet. It may happen or not.

• @Hugues,

....Ardupilot has not been designed with FPV racing.....

Do you mean, in this case Ardupilot ist not usefull for the PixRacer?

This reply was deleted.

Activity