Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• There have been a number of quality complaints on the cloned boards. So your experience might add to that list.

• Nice design and finishing board Philip, thank's, the waiting time was much justificated, I'm impressed how this little board respond :D I installed on a racer only hard mounting and great vibrations and perfect altitude hold :O (my concern with other quads in the past)

• Just out of interest Philip, have you approached the likes of Hobbyking about their 'clone'?  Cloning is one thing with opensource hardware but leaving your name (and trademark?) on it is incredibly bad form from a professional company.

• Well.. thanks a lot! Where did you get this information from?
      Anyway Ill try again. The problem is that ppm sum stopped working at some point. Thanks again :)
      • Marcell, All of the PixRacer IO pins are 5V tolerant. Is this an AUAV Pixracer or a clone?

• Hi Scott,
      Thanks. Sadly i fried the rc in with 5v logic level, so i can only try after the replacement arrives. :( is there a way to remap rc in to another pin?
      M.
      • The RC input of Pixracer is 5V tolerant.

• 3.4-rc1 does not let me use the spektrum as well. Do you have any suggestions?

• For those fighting for the same: as an alternative, you can build a PWM to PPM converter from an anrduino pro mini / nano. I did so, but still waiting for spektrum satellite support.

instructions: https://oscarliang.com/build-pwm-ppm-converter-arduino-2-4ghz-recei...

code: github.com/davidbuzz/BuzzsArduinoCode/tree/master/buzz_8pwm_to_ppm328

DIY PWM to PPM Converter for 2.4GHz Receiver using Arduino
        For radio receiver, there are a few output signal formats. The traditional and also most common type of RX signal is the PWM and basically PWM requir…
        • Marcell,

I'm not sure I can help much other than to say my satellite is working w/ 3.4-rc1 and DX8 Tx. I'm also using the spektrum cable that came with the Pixracer. I've compared my parameters to MP's defaults and the only pertinent differences I see are:

SR1_RC_CHAN = 2 (resetting to default changed it to 0, I didn't originally change this manually though)

SR3_RC_CHAN = 2 (same as above)

These parameters relate to what data goes from the apm to gcs, so maybe they're set to 0 and RC data is not being sent?

I'll try messing around with it some more.

-Scott S

This reply was deleted.

Activity