Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• On cleanflight, openpilot, betaflight , it exists a motor 'mixer' in the firmware to define your frame. With this tool you don't need to separate roll and pitch pid with an H frame. But in arducopter i don't think it exists... Yes you have to set each pids if your frame is not a pure X.
  • A lot of test today with pixracer...

My motors (emax 2205RS) doesn't react well. My little quad is unflyable.

Trying to adjust pitch/roll PID, no effect at all. Seems better by increasing INS_GYRO_FILTER (20 -> 120 )

Better but still unflyable.

I will try to remove oneshot125 and I will make a test.

• Tests results with dampers on the fc : better but still unflyable... Tomorrow i will remove oneshot to make a test... My motors was very hot :-/
      • Change oneshot125 (=2) to oneshot (=1), no diffrence. My 210 still oscillates...

I have increased setting PWM output dither to highest in my esc, no difference.

Tried to change a lot PID parameters but still the same..., it can't take off :(

Anyone can help me?

Thanks

Arducopter 3.4 RC1

• In my opinion you did a wrong Esc calibration .

Try to calibrate Esc by single one manually by the radio receiver.

• Hi,

I've tried 3 ways to calibrate my esc:

- First in oneshot125 (parameter in pixhawk =2) : calibration just don't work with 3.4RC1

- Second : directly in BHELI , ok it works

- Third in oneshot (parameter in pixhawk =1), ok it works

With "damped light' mode : Simply don't fly, too many wobble... with a lot time passed to set PIDs...

Without "damped light' mode : I can take off, but it's like a big boat with a lot time passed to set PIDs...

My conf:

Frame : 210 mm

Esc : DYS 30A , Bheli 14.6

Motors : RS2205 emax 2300kv

Props : DAL v2 5x4x3

Pixracer : original mounted on damper

Firmware : 3.4 RC1

:-/

• What are your PIDs?  For smaller quads you really have to turn the default PIDs right down, trying dividing them all by 2, if that's not enough then by 4.  You may have to edit the parameters directly to bypass the minimum's set in the tuning screens.

• Hello,

I have tried many combinaison : at first P= 0.08, I = 0.1 D=0.004, unflyable to many wobble

And now P=0.01 , I = 0.05 and D = 0.003 , these paramaters allow me to take off... but just take off, after it's like a boat ... and crash. :-/

It's not my first copter, (2 on arducopter, 1 on cleanflight, 1 on openpilot, 1 on betaflight), but it's first unsetable... 3 hours of settings on pixracer :-/

This reply was deleted.

Activity