Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Otto, check if you don't have issues with your compass, It's make circles in Loiter?

• Hi Cala,

Thank you for your help.

No, no turns.

I startet egain from the verry Beginning. Flashing, Params reset to default, calibrating TX, compass and Accel.

And then tuned to the PID like bevor with Pixhawk.

But the same behavior. In AltHld unstable in the Altitude with short turns of about 20 degrees.

In Loiter and PosHold the same with short moves of 10m, stable, short moves and so on in different directions. When it moves after stable hoovering it looks like something give a command.

The same with yaw. Stable for some seconds, then short turn, stable.....

No prearm alerts even with 3 compasses on.

9 Sats, hdop 0.9, Wind calm

I would say, 4 month of trial and error are enoughe. I will leave Pixrace like the devs and gervais already did.

By

• Otto, Your problem sounds a tunning need; did you try autotune?

¿Can you share a log and a ship photo?

I had that little turns with my last build but solved with tunning.

• Hi Cala,

Verry kind for helping.

Attached the Telemetry Log, and the Dataflash Log.

1 Pic of the setup.(2 Pics in the following message)

The Pixracer is under the blue cover, Baro with foam underneath.

In the Telemetry Log you can see the dancing and in the Graphs of EKF and Vib the

good Values.

In the Dataflash Log, CTUN DAlt and Alt the variation of the Altitude versus Setvalue.

can be seen.

In a German Forum I read, that autotuning does not work with 4.3-rc1

Should it work?

2016-06-27 10-11-44.tlog

2016-06-27 10-13-34.log

Hexa w Pixracer.jpg

• Otto: I couldn't do autotune with my racer, It's only do little movements before manual tunning, It's like if something isn't correct tuned, don't work, I have oneshot 125 and high kv motors I'm not shure if that have something related, yours is a standard hexa, perhaps It's works, the better place to ask for an issue for developers is here http://discuss.ardupilot.org/c/arducopter/copter34

looks that are some topics about autotune there, I hope yours is tunning problem.

• Hi Cala,

The same with my Frame F550, Mots 2212/920 (original DJI) 1.8 kg

Hoover with 45%

Has nothing to do with oneshot or hight kv motors.

I will post it on the recommended link.

Otto

• Another 2 Pics

Pixracer left.jpg

Pixracer right.jpg

• With MP Beta it was possible to increase the Params.

But now with the same Params and Frame as with Pixhawk and FW 3.3.3, the behavior is verry strange in Loiter Mode.

Even with 9 Sats and hdop 0.9 it moves around slowly in a range of 10 m, +/- 5m Altitude and up to 30° Yaw.

The Vibs are lower than 9. Hexa F550, 1.8 kg, 3S. Pixracer R14, FW 3.4-RC1

Parameter Juni 26.gif

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702258676?profile=original
  • BTW.. is there a pin supporting a sonar module producing pwm/analog signal? TY:)

• Checked my spektrum satellite and Pixracer's RC_INPUT with a logic analyzer. What i noticed is the INPUT pulses slowly. If i connect the satellite, i cant see any difference. But.. if i power the satellite alone, it produces some sort of a fast serial transmission on its data port.

Am I using the wrong port or need to change some params?

(see images attached about logic analyzer screenshot)

rc_in-record.PNG

satellite-out-record.PNG

This reply was deleted.

Activity