This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

Views: 97373

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I believe the goal in the baro chamber in this new pixracer case is to eliminate the need for barofoam.  But they did talk about giving a static port that would allow the baro to work properly.  I would assume just a small hole in the chamber would allow this to work fine.

The case we designed is fairly close fitting to the PCB so it allows a limited amount of air to move to and from the barometer. It also shields the chip from light which causes lots of erroronous readings. It works fairly well but a better solution is a legitimately designed static port piped to the board.

Is this the case for the pixracer? http://www.auav.co/product-p/x2caser4white.htm

Thank's David, so no case for the pixracer yet?

Is the STL open source? what about the original CAD file? thanks!

I'll post the source files on the AUAV.com website in the next couple of days. 66hex is working on a professional polished version. I will announce when those are ready for retail. My preference is to keep it open source, so if you make a something awesome, then please contribute back.

Thank's Philip, I'm not have 3Dprint nor pixracer yet so no hurry.

The WiFi port is effectively SERIAL1/TELEM1, correct? I haven't looked through the MavESP8266 firmware yet but I'm curious if anyone else is successfully using the WiFi with ArduPilot. I know some firmwares were using a 921k baud rate.

I'll try to collect what I can for useful Pixracer+ArduPilot+WiFi info since I'm guessing many will be using the WiFi in the place of a traditional telemetry radio on small frames. It's a nice convenience that appears to work 'out of the box' with PX4/QGC but not quite yet with ArduPilot. I will dig in further and work it out then report back if no one has got it yet.

Cheers

Yes thanks Philip the stl file will come in handy.

Trying to set a both compasses: internal and external via MP. Had no any problems in the past with Pixhawk but now seems I'm doing something wrong here.

Here is my physical orientation on the copter:

Here is a MP setup screen. Do I need to change here anything or this setup is OK (except calibration - not done yet)?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service