As I wrote in title, just doing some setting up on ground.
Somehow when I had turned on pixhawk it initiated with RTL mode on, I hadn't notice tbh because I'd been having issues arming the pixhawk.
After recalibrating and turning off 2nd compass, then taking outside to get GPS lock, I was surprised when this time it worked and did throttle arm.

However the rudder and elevator badly oscillated, I am assuming this has something to do with it being in rtl mode and becoming confused?
I am concerned because it is primarily the RTL function that I want, and if it oscillated like that in the air it would surely crash.

Did this issue likely only happen as a result of being on ground, how can I test with reduced risk?

One concern I have is that if rtl isn't setup correctly and a failsafe is initiated the model might fly away!?

I guess presumably I should turn off failsafes before testing rtl with a switch? Or what is the recommended way?

Oh I am using pixhawk , frsky x9d , bix3

PIDs and other control values I got from advice on youTube from someone using a Bix3, I was hoping they be a good starting point at least.

3691310471?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• No info?

I am trying to find out what is normal behaviour for RTL when on ground and throttle armed, my plane perhaps thought it was in the air , the servos were oscillating. I can't be the only one wanting to know what to expect when testing on the ground.
    Thanks for any comments.
This reply was deleted.

Activity

Neville Rodrigues liked Neville Rodrigues's profile
Jun 30
Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…