Hello everyone

I setup my quadcopter recently. My board is apm2.5 and for telemetry i use 3dr 900 radios v.2. I load the arducopter v3.1.1 firmware on apm and with usb cable i can connect perfectly. But when i try via 3dr no connection at all. I am trying for over 2 months , i change the radios , i try with xbee , but nothing. Today i test to load the arduplane firmware v2.78 on apm and like a miracle the connection with 3dr DONE!!!!!

So the problem is on the 3.1.1 firmware. I found that there isn't any settings for sr2 and sr3 on the full parameters list.

Can anyone help me on this?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I do not have the exact same configuration, but I have an APM 2.6 with the 3DR v2 915 radios and got them to work today with Arducopter v3.1.1 loaded from the Mission Planner.  Originally the radios would not pair up, they would just sit there and blink green.  When they are paired they should go solid green.

I started my debugging by plugging each 3DR radio unit to directly to the USB on my computer and seeing how they were configured.  Both my 3DR radios were running SimonK (SiK) version 1.6 so I decided to update the radio firmware.  I did this from the Mission Planner 3DR radio setup tab.  The update took them to SiK 1.7.  While I was doing the update, I noticed that one of the parameters was different between the two units.  The NetID on one was 24, and the other was Net ID 25.  When I changed them to have the same Net ID and put the radio back in the copter connected to the APM, the units paired right up.

• Thank you for your reply Robert

My problem is that (i think) my radios paired up as the green LED on both radios is solid green. But when i try to connect with MP nothing happen (No Heartbeat packet receive fter timeout). First i check the drivers , then the configuration (baud rate etc) , i change the radios (other 3dr , xbee's). My last test was to try old versions of arducopter but i didn't find any version previous to v3.xx and make a test with the arduplane firmware v2.78 and with this version i manage to connect with 3dr radios. Thats why my conclusion is that the problem is the source of arducopter v3.1.1. Did you make any chnges to the source code?

• Hi, Hercules,

Well the solid green on both radios at least indicates the radios see each other.  I am using the downloaded code straight from the mission planner, no mods.  I am using an APM 2.6 so that could be a difference between our configurations.

But assuming the 2.5/2.6 is not the issue, when you plug in the ground module to the USB on your computer, in addition to the big solid green LED toward the top middle of the case, you should also see some small blinking LEDs just inside the case where the micro USB plugs into the ground radio.  Do you at least see those lights blinking when the mavlink sync is being attempted?  And you are setting your comm port speed to 57600?  I know you have probably tried all this,  -- just checking.

• Hi, Robert,

I check everything and i am sure that from my source code the sr3 and sr2 settings are missing. I think that the telemetry port use these settings. When i try to connect with 3dr's i see the blinkink leds on both radios BUT the ground red led is bright and the air red led is dim and i can barely see it.Can you send a link for the firmware or you can send me a copy?

• Hi Robert again

Another thing that is mystery is that i try to load previous versions of aducopter but from those versions that i download from the web i cannot load version previous of 3.x. Then i try to load the default arduplane v2.78 from MP and it worked perfect even with the 3dr!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you give an expanation?

This reply was deleted.

Activity