Problem with my Hexa

Hello,

After having built a quad that works very well in v2.1 and so I decide to build a hexacopter.
I need help because I do not understand the reaction of my hexacopter and above all the way to find a solution.

It has a permanent YAW on the right, I tried the version 2.0.49, 2.0.55 and 2.1 but I have the same problem. I tried to angle of 3° engines but the result is not very conclusive even if the attenuated. And I calibrated correctly the 6 ESC. 

Someone just give me an idea? can be of examles of parameters with PID. Because I use the default settings.

Thank you in advance

John

Hexa.JPG

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello,

Can anyone give me an image of its PID parameters for a hexa. This is just to give me an idea if I'm not an error in my settings.

• 100KM

Often this is because the frame is not perfectly aligned and some motors have to work harder then others to stay level.  In this case the torque's of the motors do not cancel each other out perfectly and the resulting torque makes the copter yaw slowly.  I think after a while the yaw I term should counter this however.

Another reason might be that your transmitter yaw position is not very exact and that it commands a slight yaw.

Or maybe your trims are not centered ?  Do a radio calibration again and a radio test and check that radio values are between -4500 and 4500 and stay constant around 0 if you don't move the sticks.

• If your copter is sitting still, but connected to Mission Planner, does the compass bearing on the heads-up-display continually spin, that is indicate that the copter is spinning even though it's sitting still? 

This reply was deleted.

Activity