PX4 compatibility with different ESCs

HI,

I have been working on Quadcopter. Unfortunately two of the four ESCs isn't functioning now. I was using the HobbyKing 30A UBEC, LIPO 4S. I wants to know the alternative ESCs that is compatible with the Pixhawk. I have found out three other ESCs but I couldn't get any information regarding their compatibility with Pixhawk.

1) 4X Racerstar RS30A V2 30A Blheli_S ESC OPTO 2-4S Support Oneshot42 Multishot 16.5 Dshot600 for RC Drone

Racerstar 30A ESC

2) Brushless ESC 30A with SimonK firmware for multirotors

Brushless ESC; Simonk Firmware

3) Simonk 30A/40A 2-4S Brushless ESC Speed Control for RC FPV Racing Drone - 40

Simonk 30A/40A 2-4S

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you!

Clifton Hipsher said:

Connect your Pixhawk to Mission Planner.  Navigate to Initial Setup > Mandatory Hardware > ESC Calibration.

Next to ESC Type you will see a drop down menu that says "Normal."  This is the default setting for using "normal" ESCs.  Clicking on the drop down will reveal a list of BlHeli protocols.  Do you see anything that says SimonK? 

If this does not answer your question, than nothing will..
    Abhirami said:

I am really confused since the other comment suggests BLHELI and asks to avoids Simonk. What was the problem you faced with BLHeLI. Do you remember?

Thanks in Advance!

David Garrett said:

I am sure i read somewhere there was an issue with Blheli ESCs.....I could be wrong as it may have been with DJI Naza FC.
    I use these ones with my Pixhawk and have had no issues... https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/SimonK-30A-ESC-Brushless-S...
    HI, I have been working on Quadcopter. Unfortunately two of the four ESCs isn't functioning now. I was using the HobbyKing 30A UBEC, LIPO 4S. I wants…
  • Thank you!

Clifton Hipsher said:

Connect your Pixhawk to Mission Planner.  Navigate to Initial Setup > Mandatory Hardware > ESC Calibration.

Next to ESC Type you will see a drop down menu that says "Normal."  This is the default setting for using "normal" ESCs.  Clicking on the drop down will reveal a list of BlHeli protocols.  Do you see anything that says SimonK? 

Abhirami said:

I am really confused since the other comment suggests BLHELI and asks to avoids Simonk. What was the problem you faced with BLHeLI. Do you remember?

Thanks in Advance!

David Garrett said:

I am sure i read somewhere there was an issue with Blheli ESCs.....I could be wrong as it may have been with DJI Naza FC.
    I use these ones with my Pixhawk and have had no issues... https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/SimonK-30A-ESC-Brushless-S...
    HI, I have been working on Quadcopter. Unfortunately two of the four ESCs isn't functioning now. I was using the HobbyKing 30A UBEC, LIPO 4S. I wants…
  • Connect your Pixhawk to Mission Planner.  Navigate to Initial Setup > Mandatory Hardware > ESC Calibration.

Abhirami said:

Thanks in Advance!

David Garrett said:

• NAZA does not like BLHeli or SimonK.  NAZA prefers DJI ESCs.  DUH...

David Garrett said:

• Thank you! Will keep in mind :)

David Garrett said:

I am sure the HK escs will do just fine, the link I posted in my last post was to the ESC's that I am using at present and have had no issues with them.

I have never used BLheli esc's , so i'm unable to comment further on them

• I am sure the HK escs will do just fine, the link I posted in my last post was to the ESC's that I am using at present and have had no issues with them.

I have never used BLheli esc's , so i'm unable to comment further on them

• I am really confused since the other comment suggests BLHELI and asks to avoids Simonk. What was the problem you faced with BLHeLI. Do you remember?

Thanks in Advance!

David Garrett said:

• Thank you!

I hope you meant this. BLHELI  Could you please confirm?

Have you used Simonk before? And what about Hobby King HobbyKing ?

Clifton Hipsher said:

Don't even think about using SimonK.  With the exception of Little Bees (which are horribly noisy in RFI), jut about any ESC that uses BlHeli will work.  ArduCopter 3.5.5 and higher support BlHeli. 

• Don't even think about using SimonK.  With the exception of Little Bees (which are horribly noisy in RFI), jut about any ESC that uses BlHeli will work.  ArduCopter 3.5.5 and higher support BlHeli. 

• I am sure i read somewhere there was an issue with Blheli ESCs.....I could be wrong as it may have been with DJI Naza FC.
This reply was deleted.

Activity